Have you ever wondered which colleges have the most representation on the Philadelphia Eagles’ roster? If so, you’re in luck, because here’s a list of schools with more than one alum on the Eagles. (Click here to check out last year’s version.)
|West Virginia||5||Wendell Smallwood, Rasul Douglas, Shelton Gibson, Najee Goode, Tyler Orlosky|
|Florida||4||Trey Burton, Caleb Sturgis, Jaylen Watkins, Alex McCalister|
|LSU||4||Jalen Mills, Donnie Jones, Ron Brooks, Dillon Gordon|
|Florida State||4||Nigel Bradham, Timmy Jernigan, Patrick Robinson, Terrence Brooks|
|Oregon||4||LeGarrette Blount, Joe Walker, Byron Marshall, Taylor Hart|
|Wisconsin||3||Beau Allen, Chris Maragos, Corey Clement|
|California||2||Mychal Kendricks, Bryce Treggs|
|Cincinnati||2||Brent Celek, Jason Kelce|
|North Dakota State||2||Carson Wentz, C.J. Smith|
|Ohio State||2||Malcolm Jenkins, Cameron Johnston|
|Oklahoma||2||Lane Johnson, Dorial Green-Beckham|
|Oregon State||2||Isaac Seumalo, Josh Andrews|
|Penn State||2||Stefen Wisniewski, Matt McGloin|
|San Diego State||2||Donnel Pumphrey, Darrell Greene|
|Shepherd||2||Billy Brown, Tre Sullivan|
|Tennessee||2||Derek Barnett, Dallas Thomas|
|Texas||2||Jordan Hicks, Marcus Johnson|
|Virginia||2||Rodney McLeod, Chris Long|
|Washington||2||Sidney Jones, Elijah Qualls|
Schools added to the list: Florida State, California, Ohio State, Penn State, Shepherd, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington
Schools dropped from the list: Stanford, Washington State, Vanderbilt, UTEP, Mississippi State, Michigan, Kansas State, Boston College, Auburn
In addition to the college list, here's a table of football conferences that are represented by more than one Eagles player.
• West Virginia is the Eagles’ new college football factory. Last year it was LSU. In 2015, it was, well, you guessed it, Oregon.
• All five WVU players have a realistic chance to make this year’s roster, though Tyler Orlosky could be more of a practice squad guy. Maybe Shelton Gibson too. Two years ago, WVU wasn’t even on this list. Now they’re at the top.
• A lot was made of Chip Kelly’s #DuckBias. Two years ago at this time, the Eagles had eight Oregon players on their roster. Now the Eagles “only” have four Ducks on the roster. Three of those players were acquired after Kelly was fired. The fourth (Hart) was cut last September and later brought back. So maybe the current Eagles regime has a little bit of #DuckBias as well!
• Howie Roseman’s #GatorBias is still present with four Florida players on the roster. That could soon change with Watkisn and McCalister on the bubble this summer. Burton and Sturgis are also both free agents after this season.
• Does Joe Douglas have a #VirginiaBias? I’m not just talking about the Cavaliers here. Between the University of Virginia, West Virginia, Shepherd, Richmond, Hampton, and Old Dominion, that’s 12 players who attended college in the VA/WV area. Note that Douglas is a Hanover County, Virginia native.
• Florida State made a big jump from not being on the list to tied for second. Three FSU players (Bradham, Jernigan, Robinson) are likely to be starters on Philadelphia’s defense while the other one (Brooks) could be a role player.
• Local fans will be happy to see Penn State added to this year’s list due to the addition of Matt McGloin.
• Shepherd University is the only Division II team represented with more than one player. The Eagles signed Billy Brown and Tre Sullivan in undrafted free agency. Read more about them (here) and (here).
• The SEC is once again the top conference, but it’s not tied with the Pac-12. Chip would be proud.