As you’re well aware by now, the 2017 NFL Draft is being hosted in Philadelphia. In preparation for the big event, a press conference was held on Tuesday announcing details you need to know if you plan to be among the 200,000 people expected to attend.
HOW TO GET NFL DRAFT TICKETS
One BGN reader already put together a guide of how to get tickets. Spoiler: it’s not easy to get them.
More info from the NFL:
A limited number of tickets will be made available for the theater. Information regarding obtaining these tickets will be released in the weeks ahead. No tickets are required for the free NFL Draft Experience. In early March, fans may download the NFL Draft – Fan Mobile Pass app at NFL.com/FanMobilePass. By registering for Fan Mobile Pass, fans are not only eligible to win tickets to the 2017 NFL Draft, but also receive exclusive access to all of the action at NFL Draft Experience.
NFL DRAFT PARTY (BGN Radio)
BGN Radio’s draft party isn’t officially affiliated with the NFL Draft Experience in any form, but we’d love to have you join us. We hope to host a party somewhere in the city. Official details coming soon.
NFL DRAFT SCHEDULE
Thursday, April 27: Round 1 festivities, which will include incoming prospects walking the red carpet before entering an outdoor theater. More fans than ever before will be able to view the Commissioner announcing selections and greeting draftees during the first round with the NFL building the first ever outdoor Draft Theatre.
Friday, April 28: Thirty-two former players who are members of the NFL Legends Community, one representing each team, will be on hand for Night 2 to announce selections. Night 2 Draft (Rounds 2-3) announcements will also feature winners of the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award presented by Nationwide.
Saturday, April 29: The Draft will conclude with Rounds 4-7 and the final day of the free fan festival.
WHAT THE DRAFT WILL LOOK LIKE
NFL DRAFT FAN EXPERIENCE EVENTS
NFL Draft Experience Presented by Oikos Triple Zero, invites families and fans of all ages to enjoy a FREE admission, three-day football festival held along the half-mile stretch of Benjamin Franklin Parkway from Thursday, April 27 - Saturday, April 29. Representing the largest festival footprint ever created by the NFL, spanning the size of nearly two dozen football fields, fans of all ages and of all teams will be able to participate in interactive exhibits, immersive games, and virtual reality experiences, free player autograph sessions and more.
- Combine Corner – From racing against NFL players to running routes, fans can test their football and athletic skills at Combine Corner, which includes the Vertical Jump and 40-Yard Dash.
- NFL Virtual Reality – Experience NFL games using virtual reality technology.
- The Vince Lombardi Trophy – Fans will have the opportunity to take their photo with the Super Bowl trophy.
- AFC & NFC Locker Rooms – Visit a replica NFL locker room as it appears on gameday. Experience the sights of an NFL pregame with sleek translucent LCDs.
- NFL Museum (Pro Football Hall of Fame display area) – This exhibit features historical Eagles memorabilia, Super Bowl rings and Conference Championship trophies. Fans can get a digitalized Pro Football Hall of Fame bronze bust in their likeness.
- College Football Corner – Fans can view College Football Hall of Fame memorabilia from former first round Draft picks and Eagles legends, and cheer on Draft prospects from their favorite college team. Life size player mannequins offer unique photo opportunities.
- NFL Draft Experience Tailgate – Enjoy selections from some of Philadelphia’s best restaurants in a “taste of the town” tailgate.
- NFL Network Set – Watch NFL Network analysts break down the NFL Draft.
- ESPN Set – Check out SportsCenter LIVE from NFL Draft Experience.
- NFL Shop at Draft – Stop by for the largest assortment of NFL Draft merchandise, including customizable Nike Jerseys and the official 2017 NFL Draft Cap by New Era and other exclusive Draft caps.
- NFL Draft Set – Visit the official NFL Draft set from Thursday to Saturday and see the view from behind the podium.
Also there’s this!
There will be a 100-yard zip line along the Parkway to "fly like Eagles." Big TV screens will surround festival to still watch draft.— Zach Berman (@ZBerm) February 28, 2017