Carson Wentz: he’s big with dogs!
The Eagles’ rookie had a very good first season in the NFL, and according to the NFL PA’s year-end numbers, the jersey sales showed it. Wentz finished No. 5 in the entire league in jersey sales, which is pretty darn cool. Here’s the Top 10, league-wide:
1. Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
2. Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
3. Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys
4. Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants
5. Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
6. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
7. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
8. Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
9. Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots
10. Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers
So, four of the top five, and five of the top 10 were from the NFC East. That’s... pretty insane.
Apparently, however, Wentz finished tops in more than one category.
Wentz became the new No. 1 seller for player-identified caps from New Era and Lids this season. Maybe his fans like hats? Is this true? Please tell me if this is true, I would like to know.
Wentz also led sales of kids jerseys, fleece, and t-shirts from Outerstuff, so he’s big with the next generation of football fans. Always good to corner the market early.
And my personal favorite, Wentz led the league in pet jersey sales, sold through Fanatics. He dominated the animal division, followed by Rob Gronkowski, Odell Beckham Jr., and Tom Brady.
Think about that: Wentz is already out-selling Tom Brady in pet jersey sales, as a ROOKIE. Are you kidding me? That’s elite pet jersey potential. That’s record-breaking, Pet Jersey Hall of Fame potential.
God the offseason is so slow.