Rivalry Week is here! Today features a good slate of games and always with good games comes great opportunities for NFL Draft prospects to boost their profile. Who should Eagles fans keep an eye on today?
- Roquan Smith, Linebacker, Georgia: Roquan Smith has been one of the best defenders in the country this season a key in Georgia’s success. The small, speedy, physical linebacker is a missile on the field attacking the run and pass. Today against Georgia Tech’s unique offense (12 PM ET on ABC), Georgia’s defense and their discipline will be tested. While the Bulldogs should easily handle the Yellow Jackets, Smith has a great chance to show off his run defense for four quarters.
- Kerryon Johnson, Running Back, Auburn: The Iron Bowl (3:30 PM ET on CBS) is always one of the best games every year and a staple of College Football History. Auburn goes into the game ranked #6 in the country and will be the biggest test the Crimson Tide have had this year. Auburn’s success on offense has been hinged on their junior running back, Kerryon Johnson. The 6’0”, 212 pound runner has power and speed and he will be depended on to run against one of the country’s best defenses. A strong showing will elevate him in a crowded running back conversation.
- Kyzir White, Safety, West Virginia: Of all the incredible defenders in college football; Kyzir White is among the most fun to watch. The 6’2”, 216 pound defender flies around the field; laying big hits and making big plays in the pass game. West Virginia uses him in the box a lot as a blitzer and to defend the run, an area where he thrives, but he is also a talented cover man. Today’s match up with the high flying Oklahoma offense (3:45 PM ET on ESPN) will be a massive test for White and the Mountaineers. White will need to force some big plays if West Virginia is going to have a chance today.
- Quenton Meeks, Cornerback, Stanford: Quenton Meeks has flown under the radar this season due to playing in the Pac-12 but the 6’2”, junior cornerback is a notable playmaker. Meeks is a physical player with ball skills and has been a leader in the Stanford secondary over the last two years. Today’s game with Notre Dame (8 PM ET on ABC) will bring a high flying offense into Palo Alto and Meeks will be challenged with talented pass catchers as well as being challenged to stop a prolific running attack. It will truly be a showcase of his entire skill set.
- Vita Vea, Defensive Tackle, Washington: Vita Vea is among the most impressive looking players in college football. He is a hulking 340 pounds but carries it well on his 6’6” frame. The junior defender is an impressive athlete for his size and Washington moves him around the formation to make life difficult for opposing offenses. Today’s rivalry game with Washington State (8 PM ET on Fox) will be challenge for Vea. State is a pass heavy team, yet has some dangerous running backs in their backfield. Vea’s pass rushing will be important, but he will also need to anchor against a ground attack to make sure Washington doesn’t let this become a shootout.