Welcome to the newest edition of BGN Radio! BGN Radio is Bleeding Green Nation's regularly scheduled podcast. Each week some combination of Brandon Lee Gowton, James Seltzer, Patrick Wall, Matt Dering, Ben Natan, Jack Fritz, Vince Quinn, Turron Davenport, and host John Barchard will be here to talk about the Philadelphia Eagles.
Episode #263 crew: John Barchard, James Seltzer
John and James break down the Eagles' 26-24 victory over the Chargers, as the team heads home with a 3-1 record.
The MVP of the game was easily the hordes of Eagles fans who ventured out to Carson, California to support their team. The BGN crew talks about how astoundingly Eagle friendly the Chargers "home" crowd was today.
The guys discuss the back and forth nature of the game and how impressed they were with Carson Wentz's command of the field, especially as the Eagles salted the game away with an impressive clock-eating final drive.
John and James were also impressed with the team's ability to run the ball. The trio of Blount, Smallwood, and Clement shined yet again, with Blount leading the way in L.A.
A big reason for the running game's effectiveness was the stellar play of the offensive line. The line was excellent in pass protection - giving Wentz lots of time to maneuver from the pocket - but were particularly dominant on the ground, which was evident to see.
One reason for the line's strong showing is Stefen Wisniewski, who showed (hopefully once and for all) that he is the best left guard on this team. The BGN crew is tired of guard rotations, it's time to play Wiz and only Wiz. Not Chance Warmack!
The guys also touched on the play of the defense, as the defensive line played well again, even with Fletcher Cox out of the lineup (Beau Allen played particularly well in his stead). However, there were some issues on the back end, as Rasul Douglas showed some holes in his game, particulary in deep coverage.
While there were some reasons to criticize the defense today, there were no reasons to criticize Doug Pederson. Both John and James agree, the fanbase needs to give Doug a week off from his usual verbal beatings.
Lastly, the guys look ahead to the Arizona Cardinals game and assess where the Eagles sit at the first quarter pole of the season.
BGN Radio Hotline - Call in and voice your opinions. The number is 1-267-245-6066.
COMING UP NEXT
Tomorrow in the 4:00 PM hour -- it's Monday Afternoon QB with BLG. Don't miss this week's BGN Radio Daily episodes.
HOW TO LISTEN
DOWNLOAD: Click here to download this episode.
BONUS BGN RADIO CONTENT
Watch a video version of this episode via the Bleeding Green Nation Facebook page.
SUPPORT BGN RADIO
In order to grow BGN Radio even more, we'd like to ask a few favors of you:
• Support BGN Radio on Patreon. Donate here.
• Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official BGN Radio iTunes feed. Also please rate the show (5 stars, obviously!) and leave a review. Not only do we love to hear your feedback, but this also helps other Eagles fans find the show. If you leave a good/funny five star review, we will read it on the show.
• Are you interested in advertising with BGN Radio? Contact us at email@example.com.
• Speaking of helping others find the show, don't be shy to share the podcast with your friends. They'll love it, we promise.
• Follow BGN Radio on Twitter: @BGN_Radio.
• Follow BGN Radio on Instagram: @BGN_Radio.
• Check out the new BGN Radio Facebook page and please give us a like.
• Follow BGN Radio on SoundCloud.
• Rate BGN Radio on Stitcher and leave a review.
• Listen to BGN Radio on Google Play.
• BGN Radio is now on TuneIn! Click here to check it out.