Monday was the fourteenth day of 2016 Eagles training camp practice. There's a lot to talk about, so let's get started.
• Injury update - LB Mychal Kendricks left practice early with hamstring soreness. The rest of the Eagles' injury situation is too long to list here so just click this link instead.
• The pads were on again today.
• Unlike other times, Sam Bradford didn't just checkdown the practice away. He made a number of deep throws. Unfortunately for the Eagles, Chris Givens dropped at least three of them. Another Bradford deep attempt was broken up by Nolan Carroll. Bradford did hit Josh Huff and Nelson Agholor with deep passes for touchdowns. Bradford also made an accurate throw to Zach Ertz on a corner route. Overall, pretty solid day for Sammy Sleeves.
• Chase Daniel hasn't looked great in practice recently, but that wasn't the case today. He didn't make any glaring mistakes, so it was a nice rebound day for him. He had a quality throw to Cayleb Jones, who made a nice effort to stay inbounds, in the back of the end zone. Daniel also had a nice run where he faked out most of the defense on play-action. I've got to say, Daniel slides better than any other Eagles quarterback in recent memory.
• Carson Wentz had some great deep throws during WR vs. DB drills. He had 40+ yard touchdowns right on the money to Givens and David Watford. The effortlessness of Wentz's deep ball has really stood out to me this summer. With that said, Wentz still needs to improve his accuracy and touch. Some of his attempts are too high or too out in front of the receiver.
• Nelson Agholor has mostly had a quiet camp, but he had a few nice moments today. He made an impressive grab along the sideline while managing to get both feet down. Rookie Agholor probably would have dropped that one. Agholor also burned Nolan Carroll on a deep pass. The receiver didn't catch the ball cleanly, though, which is a concern. He bobbled it and then, frustrated with himself, yelled a certain four-letter curse word after running into the end zone.
• Rueben Randle made a great leaping catch along the sideline. The former Giants receiver probably has the best hands on the team. He's made some impressive grabs this summer and not many, if any, drops.
• Givens would have made three nice deep catches in practice today if he hadn't dropped them all as he went to the ground. Shame.
• Aside from getting beat once by Agholor, Carroll had a pretty good practice. He had quite a few pass breakups. He also put a big hit on rookie wide receiver Paul Turner. Carroll and Leodis McKelvin are likely going to be the first team outside starting cornerbacks, in my view.
• The Eagles practiced quite a few tight end screens. Zach Ertz looked good doing those.
• Random DB notes: Ed Reynolds popped Givens at one point. Eric Rowe had a nice physical breakup on a pass to Turner. Denzel Rice ripped a ball out of Watford's hands right after the rookie caught it.
• Jalen Mills can get real physical at the line of scrimmage. On one play today he totally knocked the receiver off his route, forcing the quarterback to throw deep instead. Mills did this to Givens earlier in camp. The receiver was noticeably shaken up at the time and had to miss a few plays.
• Aaron Grymes had a few pass breakups. He also committed a pretty blatant pass interference penalty on Turner in the end zone.
• Carroll and Ron Brooks mauled Grymes as the former CFL corner acted as a gunner on a punt return during special teams drills. Carroll's blocking was especially impressive.
• Former Villanova linebacker Don Cherry broke up a Wentz pass intended for Chris Pantale.
• New Eagles receiver Deon Long dropped a deep pass.
• Members of the Sixers attended today's practice. It's too bad none of the players, especially Joel Embiid, were able to make it.
Sixers GM Bryan Colangelo, Brett Brown, Marc Eversley, and Ned Cohen here at #Eagles practice. Brown has a beard going on and it’s great.— Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton) August 8, 2016
Trust The Process.
• Watch video of Eagles practice below. Like on the official Bleeding Green Nation Facebook page to watch these videos live as I'm streaming them.
Up next: No practice tomorrow. Doug Pederson will still have a press conference at 10:00 AM ET. Then the Eagles have a walk-through on Wednesday that's closed to media before their first preseason game on Thursday. The next training camp practice isn't until Saturday, August 13. Stay tuned for more coverage until then.