Friday was the eleventh day of 2016 Eagles training camp practice. There's a lot to talk about, so let's get to it.
• Injury update: Too long to list here, so just click this link instead. The most significant news is that Jordan Matthews and Zach Ertz left practice with injuries but it seems they'll be fine.
• The most important Eagles quarterback observation of the day has to do with a player who is no longer on the roster ... Tim Tebow. Oh yes, there was a fan at practice today wearing a real Tebow jersey.
• Sam Bradford had another nice day, overall. The starting quarterback rolled out and delivered an accurate ball to Ertz while throwing on the move. He also hit Matthews on a crossing route near the sideline. Bradford's accuracy was apparent today. Bradford did struggle a little bit with deep passing. He threw an off-target, wobbly ball to Agholor that the receiver couldn't come up with. He overthrew another receiver on a deep route later in practice.
• Chase Daniel had another bad day, overall. It started when he underthrew Agholor with no defense on the field. Daniel got picked off when Leodis McKelvin anticipated Agholor's curl route and jumped in front of the pass for a pick six. Daniel got picked off a second time when Mills tipped his pass and rookie safety Blake Countess caught it. Daniel also overthrew Huff on a deep route. Damn, Daniel.
Daniel's best pass of the day was set up by a nice pump fake. He connected deep with the speedy Chris Givens, who always seem to be open down the field.
• Carson Wentz looked sharp yesterday but regressed a little today. The rookie's worst pass came when he started backing up in the pocket and attempted a deep pass while throwing off his back foot. The ball was predictability underthrown and picked off by a leaping Denzel Rice.
Wentz had a really nice deep throw to UDFA receiver Cayleb Jones deep down the middle of the field. The rookie made a leaping catch over Mills to get it. Later in practice, Jones dropped an easy throw with no one around him.
• With Rodney McLeod (personal issue) and Malcolm Jenkins (hamstring) not at practice, the Eagles mixed in Jaylen Watkins, Ed Reynolds, and Chris Maragos at first team safety.
• Watkins has looked really good in coverage over the past two days. He's made a lot of plays on the ball. Watkins picked off Wentz today and also batted down one of the rookie's passes. Watkins almost came up with a second interception on Wentz after C.J. Smith (who continues to make a play every day) tipped a ball. It would have been an incredible one-handed play from Watkins had he not lost control after falling to the ground.
Watkins deserves credit for his coverage skills, but he's struggled with tackling in the past. We'll need to see how he looks during game action.
• Eric Rowe laid a BIG hit on Trey Burton after the tight end caught a pass in the flat. Rowe also had a nice form tackle on Matthews. Again, he's such a physical player for a cornerback.
• Speaking of big hits, Jordan Hicks laid out Kenjon Barner after the running back made a catch near the sideline.
• Doug Pederson got mad at his offense during the install period. "You're being sloppy! Pull your heads out of your asses!" That's the most intense I've seen him get during camp so far.
• Eagles fans applauded Ertz after the tight end made a real impressive one-handed catch over the middle of the field despite having defenders draped on him.
• Brandon Graham was blowing up running plays in the backfield. Vinny Curry had a few nice moments, too.
• Fletcher Cox blew by Barrett Jones to absolutely destroy UDFA running back Cedric O'Neal in the backfield. Cox is such a beast.
• Bennie Logan and Dennis Kelly got into a little shoving match, but nothing too intense.
• Nelson Agholor was targeted multiple times during practice, but I can't remember him making a single catch.
• Another day, another good performance from Burton. He came up with a nice diving catch during team drills. He's been consistently reliable this summer.
• Kicker battle update: From what I saw, Caleb Sturgis was good from 33, 43, 46, and 57. His attempt from 48 went off the left upright and his kick from 52 went off the right upright. Cody Parkey, meanwhile, looked perfect from all the same distances aside from the 57 yard kick. That one was way short. Overall, I'd still give the slight edge to Sturgis over Parkey right now.
• Mills has earned a lot of well-deserved praise in training camp for making plays on the ball. One area where he's vulnerable, however, is the deep ball. It's not rare that he trails receivers down the field. Huff and Jones both burned Mills on Friday.
• Nigel Bradham "sacked" Bradford after blitzing the quarterback on one rep. The quarterback was not holding an umbrella.
• I mentioned him earlier, but a nice day for Rice. Along with his interception, he also batted down a deep Wentz attempt.
• Backup linebacker Deontae Skinner put a big hit on Kenjon Barner after the running back tried to run up the middle.
• Rookie linebacker Joe Walker trucked Byron Marshall in pass protection.
• Steven Means fired into the backfield and blew up a running play by Marshall.
• Funny moment in practice as summed up by Les Bowen:
Barner burns Kendricks in 1 on 1 covg drill. They line up again, Duce Staley taunts Kendricks, who breaks up pass, cups hand to ear at Duce— Les Bowen (@LesBowen) August 5, 2016
• Watch video of Eagles practice below. Like on the official Bleeding Green Nation Facebook page to watch these videos live as I'm streaming them.
Up next: The Eagles practice again tomorrow starting at 9:05 AM ET, which is an hour later than the normal 8:05 start time. Stay tuned for more coverage until then.