Have you ever wondered about the average height and weight of your favorite NFL team? And how your team stacks up compared to all the other teams in the league? Of course you have. Luckily for you, you don't have to sort through a bunch of data because I've already done that for you. First up is the average height.
The Minnesota Vikings lead the league in tall people while the Patriots rank all the way at the bottom. Interesting enough, the Eagles led the NFL last year but now find themselves fourth to last.
Below is a look at the average weight of every NFL team. Eagles fans might not be surprised to see the 49ers ranked first overall. "Big people beat up little people," as Chip Kelly would say.
And now for the data chart.
• For last year's data, click here.
• The difference between the tallest team (Vikings) and shortest team (Patriots) is less than a full inch: 0.88.
• The difference between the heaviest team (49ers) and the lightest team (Falcons) is 8.05 pounds.
• Last year, none of the teams ranked in the bottom five in either height or weight had winning records. This year, there are some more successful teams at the bottom.
• The Eagles dropped from first in height and 14th in weight last year to 29th and 21st this year, respectively. There's now less emphasis on size with Chip Kelly gone.
• Request: Let us know if you'd be interested in 53-man version of this study once final cuts take place right before the regular season starts.