Now that the 2016 NFL Draft is over and all of the Philadelphia Eagles' draft picks and undrafted free agent signings have been announced, it's time to hand out some new jerseys. Here's a look at what numbers the new rookies will be wearing.
QB Carson Wentz - 11
OG Isaac Seumalo - 73
RB Wendell Smallwood - 28
OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai - 72
S Blake Countess - 29
S Jalen Mills - 31
DE Alex McCalister - 50
LB Joe Walker - 59
Undrafted Rookie Free Agents
WR Hunter Sharp - 14
RB Cedric O'Neal - 35
CB C.J. Smith - 37
RB Byron Marshall - 39
LB Myke Tavarres - 45
LS John DePalma - 48
LB Quentin Gause - 49
DT Aziz Shittu - 61
C Bruce Johnson - 63
DT Connor Wujciak - 74
DT Destiny Vaeao - 77
OG Darrell Greene - 78
TE Dillon Gordon - 83
WR Marcus Johnson - 84
WR Cayleb Jones - 88
WR Xavier Rush - 89
High-level jersey number analysis
• Wentz's jersey number was already revealed last week. With Wentz getting No. 11, the Eagles are having Chris Givens switch to No. 19. Poor guy loses his jersey number and then has to wear the one Miles Austin just did. What have you done, Wentz?
• The last running back to wear No. 28 for the Eagles before Smallwood was ... current Patriots running back Dion Lewis.
• Big V is getting Cedric Thornton's old number. The last notable Eagles offensive lineman to wear No. 72 was Tra Thomas.
• Eagles fans don't have fond recent memories of the No. 29 jersey, which was last worn by DeMarco Murray and Nate Allen. Hopefully for his sake Blake Countess doesn't continue the trend. Also notice how the Eagles list Countess as a safety.
• Jalen Mills replaces Byron Maxwell's No. 31. Alex McCalister replaces Kiko Alonso's No. 50. Funny that this happened since Maxwell and Alonso got traded to the Dolphins together.
• Joe Walker is getting DeMeco Ryans' No. 59 jersey.
• Byron Marshall has a running back number despite also having experience as a wide receiver.
• Dillon Gordon is huge for a tight end. He's listed at 6-4, 322 pounds. One would think the Eagles are converting him to an offensive line position but No. 83 is not an offensive line number. The team must like him as a blocking tight end.
• Riley Cooper's old number goes to Hunter Sharp.
• Myke Tavarres is wearing a jersey number that hasn't been used since 2011. Same goes for John DePalma and Quentin Gause.
• Duplicates: DB Denzel Rice and RB Cedric O'Neal are both wearing No. 35. DT Aziz Shittu and OL Stefen Wisniewski are both wearing No. 61. DT Destiny Vaeao and OL Barrett Jones are both wearing No. 77.