The Philadelphia Eagles' organized team activities schedule is set to begin tomorrow on Tuesday, May 17. In the meantime, let's take a look at the team's projected starting lineup heading into OTAs. These are likely the players who will be taking the bulk of the first team reps during spring practices. We'll start with the offense.
Quarterback - Sam Bradford
Running Back - Ryan Mathews
(Fullback - Trey Burton)
Wide Receiver - Jordan Matthews
Wide Receiver - Nelson Agholor
Wide Receiver - Josh Huff
Tight End - Zach Ertz
Left Tackle - Jason Peters
Left Guard - Allen Barbre
Center - Jason Kelce
Right Guard - Brandon Brooks
Right Tackle - Lane Johnson
• The Eagles have publicly committed to Bradford as their starter. It'll be interesting to see if Chase Daniel and/or Carson Wentz ever get mixed in with the first team reps, though.
• Mathews currently leads the way at running back but it wouldn't be surprising to see other players get mixed in with the first team. Darren Sproles and Wendell Smallwood should get some looks there.
• The Eagles released the fullback they signed earlier this offseason, which could mean the team likes how Burton is progressing there. We'll get to see how the Eagles are using the third-year tight end.
• Matthews and Agholor are safe bets to run with the first team. Who is the third wide receiver? I'll give Huff the edge now since he's sort of the incumbent. It could be Rueben Randle over him, though.
• Ertz over Brent Celek should be expected by now, though the two could split time with the first team unit.
• The Eagles will likely give Barbre the first shot at left guard. The likes of Stefen Wisniewski, Malcolm Bunche, and Andrew Gardner could get opportunities there as well. Third round pick Isaac Seumalo would also be in the mix but he's not allowed to attend OTAs due to the NCAA's graduation rule.
Defensive End - Brandon Graham
Defensive Tackle - Bennie Logan
Defensive Tackle - Fletcher Cox*
Defensive End - Connor Barwin
Outside Linebacker - Nigel Bradham
Middle Linebacker - Jordan Hicks
Outside Linebacker - Mychal Kendricks
Cornerback - Eric Rowe
Cornerback - Leodis McKelvin
Safety - Malcolm Jenkins
Safety - Rodney McLeod
• There's an asterisk next to Cox's name because he's currently not attending Philadelphia's voluntary offseason workouts. Veteran defensive lineman Mike Martin could get a look at first team DT in his place.
• The defensive end rotation will be interesting. Vinny Curry should see some time with the starters along with Graham and Barwin.
• The cornerback situation is fluid. Rowe seems like a safe bet, but it's not perfectly clear who will get the first shot opposite of him. It could be McKelvin or Nolan Carroll. Is JaCorey Shepherd the starter in the slot?
Kicker - Cody Parkey
Punter - Donnie Jones
Long Snapper - Jon Dorenbos
Kick Returner - Josh Huff
Punt Returner - Darren Sproles
• Parkey, Jones, and Dorenbos all have competition so they'll be splitting reps this spring with Caleb Sturgis, Ryan Quigley, and John DePalma, respectively.
• Sproles is the primary punt returner. The kick returner picture is less clear.
That's about it. How are you feeling about this starting lineup on paper?