Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
Le'Raven Clark is an athlete you just can't ignore.
^ He is the guy obliterating Shawn Oakman ... Yes, the Shawn Oakman who was turned into a meme based off of his sheer size.
NFC PERSONNEL DIRECTOR on Clark-- "He's going to end up being big time in our league. He's got elite foot quickness, he's long and he's smart. He'll keep getting better once he gets to a pro offense and away from that stuff Texas Tech does and he'll become one of the top five tackles in our league."
When you first look into Clark it is his size that jumps off of the board. He is a 6'5" with 36 1/8th arms... putting him in the 96th percentile of O-line tackles since 1999. His size makes you take notice. His 40 time was clocked at 5.16, putting him in the 73rd percentile of offensive tackles.
So I am intrigued. Here is this massive guy with great athleticism, then I looked at the tape and saw just how quick his feet were and his ability to diagnose stunts.
It starts to come together ... Le'Raven Clark really has all of the natural ability to be a top five tackle in the NFL.
OK, so I might be exaggerating the tape. His feet are quick and he gets great jumps ... but everything else can be hard to watch. First off, what the heck does Texas Tech run on offense? It's closer to something you would see during an episode of Friday Night Tykes rather than an NFL game.
Clark himself lunges rather than punching the rushers. He has the feet, he just needs to set himself and then punch rather than lunging while moving. The tape against LSU showcases both the strong suits and the weaknesses, as Clark is often beat.
Why doesn't this put me off? So what if Clark isn't an impact day one player, I'm looking long term. Clark is the smart long term choice because what he does do wrong is fixable. An AFC OL Coach agrees with me "[Clark's] issues are coachable."
If his issues can be corrected then he starts to look like a steal. And the Seahawks love a good offensive line project. This is the team that loves to draft defensive linemen and turn them into offensive guys. Well, Clark is already an offensive guy, he has the necessary skills to be a very good left tackle. He just needs the technique.
And the Seahawks really need some offensive line help. They lost their left tackle, their line breaks down all the time. I could have opted for Whitehair or Decker here, going with a day one stater but their upside is limited. When the Seahawks draft again there will still be a guard and maybe a tackle they can plug and play. Why not go for the guy who can be a franchise tackle?
"Andy Reid would love him. That's the kind of guy I could see him drafting high with that size and those feet. He could be a Pro Bowler or a scab." - NFC offensive line coach
And that's really what it comes down to with Clark. He has the upside of a Pro Bowl left tackle, the potential to be a top five in the game ... or he may just never put it together. I lean towards the first. He moves so well, is so big, and is willing to be coached. Give it a year or two, but the Seahawks find a gem.
2016 BGN Mock Draft Order
1) Titans (ablesser88) - Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss - [Explanation]
2) Browns ( Genius) - Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State - [Explanation]
3) Chargers (StoneColeKiller58) - Jared Goff, QB, Cal - [Explanation]
4) Cowboys (kamjam) - Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State - [Explanation]
5) Jaguars (drc242) - Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State - [Explanation]
6) Ravens (rohan915) - DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon - [Explanation]
7) 49ers (LAOJoe) - Myles Jack, LB, UCLA - [Explanation]
8) Eagles (slickpablovick) - Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame - [Explanation]
9) Buccaneers (OneBucFan47) - Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky - [Explanation]
10) Giants (Paulie97) - Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida - [Explanation]
11) Bears (Kiko's Delivery Service) - Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State - [Explanation]
12) Saints (kylebruneault) - Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson - [Explanation]
13) Dolphins (wildcatlh) - Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State - [Explanation]
14) Raiders (Luxury_Used_Vehicles_By_Braman) - Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State - [Explanation]
15) Rams (NowWhat?) - Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis - [Explanation]
16) Lions (bri g) - Jason Sprigs, OT, Indiana - [Explanation]
17) Falcons (thealien2696) - Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State - [Explanation]
18) Colts (ei78) - Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame - [Explanation]
19) Bills (naderg43) - Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville - [Explanation]
20) Jets (Quacking_Eagle) - Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia - [Explanation]
21) Washington (TheCoxishere) - Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama - [Explanation]
22) Texans (jeppsforst) - Josh Doctson, WR, TCU - [Explanation]
23) Vikings (WScott151) - Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss - [Explanation]
24) Bengals (burkhart_b) - Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor - [Explanation]
25) Steelers (theaction) - Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia - [Explanation]
26) Seahawks (tfrank9811) - Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech - [Explanation]
27) Packers (sports00fan00) -
28) Chiefs (jawmo) -
N/A) Patriots - Cheaters
29) Cardinals (big DUB) -
30) Panthers (zatch2k) -
31) Broncos (JALupowitz) -