Doug Pederson spoke with reporters Monday after the Eagles’ 27-22 loss to Washington on Sunday. He had a lengthy injury list to update reporters with, including at least one season-ending injury, maybe more.
Long snapper Jon Dorenbos, who left the game with a wrist injury, is out for the season with a broken list.
“[Dorenbos] did have surgery on it last night after the game,” Pederson said. “He’s out, IR, done for the season. He’s one of the leaders of the team, so he’s definitely going to be missed.”
When Dorenbos left the game, two different players tried snapping the ball to holder Donnie Jones on field goals. Brent Celek, the second long snapper on the depth chart, had his snap go too low. Trey Burton, the third long snapper on the depth chart, had his snap high, but Jones pulled it down for a successful field goal.
“We’ll have to bring in some guys, today and tomorrow, work out some guys and try to get a long snapper in here,” Pederson said. He said John DePalma could be one of the guys brought in for a tryout.
Here’s the rest of the injury report:
- Wendell has a Grade 2 right knee MCL sprain. “It’s a lengthy injury, much like Big V’s injury there,” Pederson said, “so we’ll see what we do there.” He said Kenjon Barner will be active against Baltimore, and maybe practice squad running back Byron Marshall as well.
- Allen Barbre (right hamstring strain, grade 1) should be okay for Sunday, but out of practice Wednesday.
- Brent Celek (stinger) should be fine, but out of practice Wednesday.
- Darren Sproles, with a concussion, is in the league’s concussion protocol.
- Matt Tobin is dealing with a Grade 2 right knee MCL sprain.
- Jaylen Watkins ruptured a tendon in his finger. He’ll have an MRI and see where he’s at.
- Halapoulivaati Vaitai is getting better, but Pederson didn’t say whether he’ll be ready for this weekend’s game.
More guys could be headed to IR, according to Pederson.