Welcome to the newest edition of BGN Radio! BGN Radio is Bleeding Green Nation's regularly scheduled podcast. Each week some combination of Brandon Lee Gowton, Dave Mangels, Adam Hermann, James Seltzer, Patrick Wall, Matt Dering, Ben Natan, and host John Barchard will be here to talk about the Philadelphia Eagles. This episode is brought to you by:
Not on the Wentz Wagon yet? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! Buy this incredible t-shirt right here, on the internets.
What We Talked About
NEWS FROM THE WEEK
- Brian Dawkins becomes a semi-finalist for the Hall of Fame!
- Eagles sign special teams ace Chris Maragos to a 3-year deal
- Carson Wentz's dog had puppies!
- Thursday practice report: TE Zach Ertz did not participate (hammy), WR Jordan Matthews was limited (back), CB Nolan Carroll (concussion) fully cleared to play
LETDOWN GAME FOR SEATTLE? (probably just wishful thinking)
- Coming off huge Sunday night 31-24 win over the New England Patriots
HOW HARD IS IT TO PLAY IN SEATTLE?
- 4-0 this season, 31-5 since 2012
- Eagles pumped in crowd noise... does that really help?
- Seahawks' opponents have more false start penalties since 2005 than any other NFL venue
SEATTLE BY THE NUMBERS
- 6-2-1 this season, 1st in NFC West, +35 point differential (Eagles +66)
- Last time they played Eagles lost 24-14 in Philly, December 2014
- Russell Wilson looks healthy again, 124.6 rating last week against NE
- Wentz has better completion percentage, more yards but fewer TDs. Passer ratings 87.6 (CW) to 87.2 (RW)
- Who has the better defense... the Eagles or the Seahawks?
- Seattle allowed 24 or more points in 4 of last 5 games
- How do you stop Russell Wilson?
- Christine Michael waived this week... Thomas Rawls and T.J. Prosise now step in
- Doug Baldwin vs. Jalen Mills a big match-up
- Eagles D-line needs to pound a weaker Seattle O-lin
- Birds need to get the run game going and Carson Wentz needs to manage the game
- Offensive line didn't get nearly enough credit for last week's win... need to do it again in a tough place to play
HOW GOOD IS THE NFC EAST?
- Dallas 8-1, Giants 6-3, Washington 5-3-1 (5-1-1 since 0-2 start)
- 3 NFC East teams holding down playoff spots
- NFC East hasn't had two playoff teams in same season since 2009, Dallas & Philly (11-5)
- PFF has the Eagles with the #2 offensive line, after Dallas
- Only team to allow fewer total QB pressures as a unit than the Cowboys
- Brandon Brooks has played extremely well this season
- Jason Peters having a terrific season... what do they do with him next year?
KEY MATCHUPS TO WATCH?
- Eagles DTs vs the middle of the Seahawks OLine
- Brandon Graham, Connor Barwin, Vinny Curry trying to contain Russell Wilson
- Eagles running game vs Seattle’s run defense
NFL Picks, Final Thoughts & More!
In order to grow BGN Radio even more, we'd like to ask a few favors of you:
• Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official BGN Radio iTunes feed. Also please rate the show (5 stars, obviously!) and leave a review. Not only do we love to hear your feedback, but this also helps other Eagles fans find the show.
• Are you interested in advertising with BGN Radio? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Speaking of helping others find the show, don't be shy to share the podcast with your friends. They'll love it, we promise.
• Follow BGN Radio on SoundCloud.
• Rate BGN Radio on Stitcher and leave a review.
• Listen to BGN Radio on Google Play.