Welcome to the newest edition of BGN Radio! BGN Radio is Bleeding Green Nation's regularly scheduled podcast. Each week some combination of Brandon Lee Gowton, Dave Mangels, Adam Hermann, James Seltzer, Patrick Wall, Matt Dering, Ben Natan, and host John Barchard will be here to talk about the Philadelphia Eagles. This episode is brought to you by:
Powered by @ClippitTV and @SportsRadioWIP
Brought to you by Clippit - Watch TV. Make Clips. Share. (www.clippit.tv).
Make 30 second, full HD clips from live television. App Store | Android
Not on the Wentz Wagon yet? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! Buy this incredible t-shirt right here, on the internets.
WHAT WE TALK ABOUT
- We welcome in the NFL Network's Mike Garafolo: "This isn't going to be easy [for the Falcons] I like the Eagles in this spot"
- Allen Barbre still not practicing, likely out for Sunday
- Brent Celek & Leodis McKelvin limited
- Bennie Back!! Just in time, too: this Falcons offense is no joke.
- The Eagles quirky schedule – 4th straight week facing a team with extra rest
- NFL Director of Broadcasting Michael North (schedule-maker) said the Eagles were due to get screwed – double whammy
- In previous 3 years, Eagles only played two games against teams coming off a bye, and 12 over last 10 years
- Eagles are undefeated at home and the offense seems to play better at the Linc... Are the Eagles a home team or a 4-4 teams with some missing pieces?
- Falcons (6-3), 4-1 on the road dome team outdoors in cooler weather – does that matter?
- Falcons +46 point differential, Eagles still better at +57
- Eagles still No. 1 in DVOA and 3rd overall in point differential despite being 4-4
- Falcons have the NFL’s best offense… No. 1 in yards, passing yards and points per game (33.9)
- Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman (who could be back), Mohammad Sanu, and Matt Ryan all having terrific seasons
- Trufant out, Jalen Collins in... huge break for the Eagles
Matt Ryan vs. Carson Wentz
- Wentz 1st four games: 67.4%, 7.46 yds/att, 7-1 TD-INT, 103.5 rating
- Wentz 2nd four games: 61.4%, 6.31 yds/att, 2-4, TD-INT, 72.4 rating
- 3rd and long issues – 1-for-20 on 3rd-and-10 or longer since the bye
- Stopping Julio Jones – how do the Eagles do it? Can they do it? Does it prevent any blitzing?
- Do you put Carroll on Jones one-on-one the whole game, do you zone, or do you double?
- Could Mohammad Sanu step up if the Eagles double Julio? His numbers 37-416-3 TDs, better than every Eagles receiver other than Jordan Matthews
- Falcons defense is largely terrible… 26th in points allowed, allowing 28.8 pts per game, 28th overall
- Very bad on 3rd down… 45% conversion rate allowed
- Sproles named the number 1 back this week, is that the right call?
- Jim Schwartz – Mychal Kendricks will be a big part of the gameplan this Sunday… why???
- Fletcher Cox says he “hit a wall” – matchup against Alex Mack a big key
- How aggressive will Doug Pederson be this week? More 4th down calls?
- NFL Picks, final thoughts & more!