Welcome to the newest edition of BGN Radio!
BGN Radio is Bleeding Green Nation's regularly scheduled podcast. Each week some combination of Brandon Lee Gowton, James Seltzer, Patrick Wall, Dan Klausner, Matt Dering, Ben Natan, and host John Barchard will be here to talk about the Philadelphia Eagles.
This episode was brought to you by Dunkin Philly.
• Episode #112 crew: John Barchard, Sean Brace (@Sean_Brace)
• 00:01 - Introductions
• 3:00 - Why didn't Chip Kelly go for it on fourth down? Really bad decision.
• 7:00 - You have to give credit to Atlanta for being better than expected.
• 11:30 - Way too many penalties, especially on the offensive line.
• 12:50 - Byron Maxwell struggled and Bill Davis didn't give him any help. Not a good first impression.
• 14:00 - Where was the pass rush?
• 17:20 - What's going on with the Sam Bradford ankle injury? Doesn't seem to be a major issue, but Bradford's health is always a concern.
• 21:00 - Were the Eagles smelling themselves at all?
• 25:00 - The Eagles' nickel package features Chris Maragos at safety and that's a concern. He played 36 snaps.
• 29:40 - Focusing on some positives: Sam Bradford looked better than Chip Kelly's past quarterbacks in the second half.
• 31:30 - Zach Ertz is a beast. Give him credit for being tough and returning from injury.
• 32:39: Miles Austin’s drop
• 33:41: The penalties absolutely killed the momentum and the rhythm.
• 35:00: Was Bradford missing guys downfield?
• 37:11: Deciding plays of the game: Jason Kelce’s holding call on the screen pass, Ryan Mathews tripping...
• 39:15: The offensive guard play was bad.
• 41:54: The Eagles are still good and not bad.
• 43:40: Don’t throw Bradford under the bus, that’s ridiculous.
• 45:00: We’re on to Dallas, and it’s a huge week.
• 47:50: We realize you have a choice in podcast and we thank you for choosing ours.
• BGN Radio Hotline - Call in and voice your opinions. The number is 1-267-245-6066.
HOW TO LISTEN
DOWNLOAD: Click here to download this episode.