A total of eight players on the Philadelphia Eagles 90-man roster did not participate in Thursday's practice. Before freaking out, it's worth remembering the the regular season is still over a month away.
• Kiko Alonso still hasn't been cleared from his concussion. It seems highly unlikely he'll make his Eagles debut against the Colts on Sunday. Here's what Bill Davis had to say about Alonso on Thursday" "He is fine. I've got no worries about Kiko. He'll be all right. Just being cautious, that's all."
• After being a somewhat limited participant in practice on Wednesday, DeMarco Murray did not practice at all on Thursday. The running back insisted he's not injured but it's a little curious as to why he's been missing time. It doesn't seem like the Eagles will be rushing him into his debut either.
• Zach Ertz wasn't on the field at the beginning of practice. The tight end got shaken up in Wednesday's practice after also getting banged up on Tuesday. Ertz walked out to the practice field towards the end to watch the training session wrap up.
• Mychal Kendricks wasn't in pads on Thursday after being limited in practice on Wednesday. Bill Davis weighed in on Kendricks: "As far as I know, Mychal is fine other than little nitpicking thing."
• DeMeco Ryans didn't practice for the second straight day. Wednesday was reportedly a maintenance day. So maybe the team was going easy on him yet again?
• Add Earl Wolff to the list. The oft-injured safety sitting out of practice isn't a good sign for him. He already missed most of the spring. There's no indication something major keeping him out, but he needs to be on the field to fight for his roster spot.
• Bryan Braman didn't have pads on. No word on what kept him out.
• Safety Jerome Couplin still won't be back until after the Colts game as he recovers from an appendectomy procedure.
Malcolm Jenkins teased some of these injured players at the beginning of practice. More on that here.