Thursday was the 10th day of 2015 Philadelphia Eagles training camp practice. There's a lot to talk about, so let's not waste any time.
• Pads were on for today's training session.
• Quick injury update: Mychal Kendricks, DeMeco Ryans, Kiko Alonso, Bryan Braman, Earl Wolff, Jerome Couplin, DeMarco Murray, and Zach Ertz all didn't practice. Alonso, who is still recovering from a concussion, hasn't been out on the field but he was seen walking around in the facility today. Depth offensive guard Josh Andrews visited the trainer's tent at one point and then left the field. More on the injury situation later.
• Speaking of injured guys, funny moment at practice. As players were huddling together in a big group after the team warmed up, Malcolm Jenkins ran out to the family tent and grabbed a folding chair. He ran up to the injured guys (Murray, Wolff visibly among them) and somewhat jokingly asked them if they wanted a seat. The price players pay for sitting out.
• Jenkins must have been really fired up for today's practice. After the chair thing, I saw him air drumming to "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins. You know the part.
• Eric Rowe looked good in 1-on-1. He finished with a pass breakup and an interception on Sam Bradford. Rowe had a quiet start to camp but he's been starting to pick up recently. Speaking of Rowe, he got first team reps in the nickel while E.J. Biggers was with the second team and Jaylen Watkins with the third unit.
• Jordan Matthews made a great catch over the middle. And then another later. And then probably again. Yawn. No big deal.
• Mark Sanchez had some issues overthrowing two open targets early on in practice but settled down later. He hit Darren Sproles on the wheel route with a perfect pass. Sproles is nearly impossible to defend on that play, by the way. Sanchez hit Sproles on a deeper route later on. The Sanchize also hit Seyi Ajirotutu on a deep pass.
• Eric Tomlinson had an active day. He's flashed a little lately as well. The undrafted rookie tight end made an impressive leaping catch in the end zone at one point for a touchdown. He also made an over the shoulder catch on a deep pass from Matt Barkley. Tomlinson is best known for his blocking, so the team has to be encouraged what he's showing as a pass catcher. He could be in the mix or a fourth tight end spot or at least a practice squad invite.
• Andrew Gardner took first team reps at right guard yet again. So that makes it four days where he's been there, and only two days each for Matt Tobin, John Moffitt, and Julian Vandervelde.
• With Kendricks, Ryans, and Alonso sitting out, the first team inside linebackers were Emmanuel Acho and Brad Jones.
• Not Sam Bradford's best day. He had a series where he went 0-4. One of the passes was almost picked off by Byron Maxwell, who still looks great. Maxwell also had great coverage on a deep ball intended for Agholor.
One positive sign from Bradford came when he kept the ball on the read option. He didn't get super far but he didn't look hurt while running. Seemed to be fine.
One of Bradford's better series was highlighted when he hit Brent Celek with a strike where only the tight end could get it.
• Agholor had another drop. Been an issue for him in camp.
• Ertz didn't practice but he walked out on the field near the end. He seemed to be walking OK.
• Tim Tebow didn't have his best day. Seemed to be holding on to the ball extra long today.
• Someone at practice was wearing what appeared to be game-worn Tony Hunt jersey.
One of the fans at Eagles practice is wearing a Tony Hunt jersey. pic.twitter.com/Tznv20JPwI— Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton) August 13, 2015
Thankfully, the great Alex Smith (not the NFL quarterback) of PhiladelphiaEagles.com did some research and confirmed it was indeed game-worn.
Up next: Practice again tomorrow on Friday starting around 11:40 AM ET.