Welcome to the newest edition of BGN Radio!
BGN Radio is Bleeding Green Nation's regularly scheduled podcast. Each week some combination of Brandon Lee Gowton, James Seltzer, Patrick Wall, Dan Klausner, Matt Dering, Ben Natan, and host John Barchard will be here to talk about your beloved Philadelphia Eagles.
This episode was brought to you by Dunkin Philly.
• Episode #102 Crew: John Barchard, James Seltzer, Matt Dering, Patrick Wall
• Quick Announcement: John Barchard and James Seltzer will be on the air with Chris Steuber on 97.5 The Fanatic on Saturday from 8 AM through 12 noon!
• A *BIG* thank you to our new subscribers and the entire BGN Community! Our last episode was the most downloaded show in the history of the podcast. You guys are awesome!
• Chip Kelly’s embargoed quotes get released. Do any of them stick out for you? We went over these two:
"I knew we had to get better as a team and I think in this league, it’s almost year to year. Teams don’t stay up or down, either way ... And I didn’t feel we were close at the end of the year. 10-6, not going to the playoffs, is just like being 4-12."
"I’ve … seen quarterbacks like Drew Brees come back with 25 staples in his shoulder and everybody said he would never play again. Ask the Miami Dolphins what the history of their franchise would be like if their doctors didn’t fail him on the medical. You don’t know. Maybe Nick Saban is still coaching in the NFL. You don’t know. But that’s a risk we were willing to take. You know it’s a risk, but it was a risk we were willing to take."
• Would there have been more or less outrage if the Eagles had traded away Mychal Kendricks, Brandon Boykin, Fletcher Cox and draft picks for Marcus Mariota versus what the Eagles are going with into the season right now with Sam Bradford?
• Who or what do you want to see and hear during training camp?
Matt: Josh Huff
"I think the guy can do everything [from the physical side] that you want to see. He just puts his foot in the ground and it looks like he’s already up to his top end speed. Plus he’s an incredible blocker, so I just really want to see more of Josh Huff."
Patrick: Eric Rowe
"I want to see Eric Rowe separate himself from the pack, I think that’s the biggest thing that you want to see out any rookie. The CB group is really crowed but there isn’t a ton of top end talent."
James: Kiko Alonso
"I am irrationally excited about Kiko Alonso. I think the thing that you notice the most when you watch him is the burst, the physicality and the energy that he plays with."
(Hard to argue with that…)
John: Jaylen Watkins
"I really want to hear his name called. I wonder if it’s more of a wait and see thing to see what happens with Shepherd and Evans and how it plays out with Rowe and Nolan Carroll. I wonder if that’s what they are waiting for here…"
• The safety position is still completely in the air.
• Final thoughts and much more!
• BGN Radio Hotline - Call in and voice your opinions. The number is 1-267-245-6066.
• BGN Radio is on iTunes! SUBSCRIBE HERE. Don't forget to RATE US!
HOW TO LISTEN
DOWNLOAD: Click here to download this episode.