It may be the slow period for NFL news but it hasn't been for a few former members of the Philadelphia Eagles. As you may know, I have a bit of an odd interest in following former Eagles and if you're like me, you enjoy checking in on familiar names every now and then.
BGN keeps track of all of these former Philadelphia football players so that you don't have to. Below are some news and notes around the league involving former Eagles.
- Former offensive line turnstile Mike McGlynn has signed with the New Orleans Saints. The interior lineman spent last season with Andy Reid and Chiefs and has bounced around the league quite a bit since leaving Philadelphia. He started 13 games last season but is likely nearing the end of his NFL career.
- As previously reported on BGN, former Eagles quarterback Jeff Garcia has been hired as an offensive assistant by the St. Louis Rams. The one-time playoff hero of Philadelphia may be of use to fellow former Eagles passer Nick Foles.
- According to ESPN's Mike Rodak, former Eagles running back Bryce Brown is missing voluntary workouts due to a family commitment. He's easily behind LeSean McCoy and Fred Jackson on the depth chart and the new regime drafted FSU running back Karlos Williams. Brown needs to kill it this offseason.
- Former Eagles wide receiver Ifeanyi Momah has gained 25 pounds to make the switch to tight end for the Cardinals. As I reported back in March, Momah looked very good at the NFL Veteran Combine and was determined to improve as a receiver and special teamer. He has a shot at making the Arizona squad.
- Former Eagles camp body Kyle Arrington won a Super Bowl with the Patriots but was cut last week. You shouldn't feel bad for him though, as he signed a three-year deal with the Ravens immediately after being let go by New England.
- Former Eagles wide receiver Greg Salas signed with the Lions recently. He had been with the Jets the last two seasons.