Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
Quarterback, Sophomore, Florida State
Weight: 231 lbs.
Hand Size: 9 3/8"
Arm Length: 32"
40 Time: 4.97
Career Accuracy: 66.1%
Fumbles: 13 (4 lost)
Rocket launcher arm
Tough as nails
- Poor off the field decision making
Not super athletic
Threw interceptions after forcing plays
Jameis Winston is a guy you want on your team. Only a few people on this earth have the mental, physical, and spiritual wherewithal to be consistently elite at the quarterback position. He has it within him to fulfill his potential and be included in that class.
Winston is incomparable in his ability to play situational football. He has a pitcher's arm and can deliver a pass to any spot on the field. He is crafty inside the pocket and is not afraid to stand tall and take a hit in order to deliver a throw. But most importantly, he understand what it takes to win.
There is a reason Winston went 26-1 as a starter, as well as winning a National Championship, sprinkled with a little Heisman action on top. He had a ton of help on an insanely stacked Florida State team the past two years. It is easier to put up a 65 TDs and 28 INTs when you have an unbelievable defense, a stout offensive line, and players like Kelvin Benjamin, Rashad Greene, and Nick O'Leary on the receiving end of things.
However, through all the adversity and distractions that accompanied FSU, Winston played the role of Rick Grimes; an unquestioned gunslinging leader who will topple any obstacle in oder to bring his team to the promise land.
Off the field, Jameis Winston is a wildcard. He can potentially jeopardize not only his image, but the reputation of Tampa Bay Buccaneers if they choose him as the first overall pick.
On the field, Winston is not a wildcard, he is a weapon. His lack of wisdom in the real world is paralleled with an enhanced maturity in the football world. He is fiery, competitive, and leads with a passion that is more like Russell Wilson than it is Dez Bryant.
His teammates love him. Jimbo Fisher loves him. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will love him too. The transition from college football to the NFL will be softened with receiving options like Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, Louis Murphy, and Austin Seferian-Jenkins. The Bucs also go four-deep at the RB position. Lovie Smith will be a good mentor for Winston, and together they can make noise in the perpetually unpredictable NFC South.
At the end of the day, you want a football player who is intelligent, passionate, and willing to do what it takes to be great. Jameis Winston can be that guy. He knows the X's and O's as well as anybody. He leads by example on the football field. He knows that he has to earn the trust of everybody in Tampa Bay, but once he proves himself to them, they will never doubt him again.
The Other Options
1.) Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
2.) Leonard Williams, DT, USC
3.) Dante Fowler Jr., OLB, Florida
1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (slickpablovick) - Jameis Winston, QB, FSU - [Explanation]
2) Tennessee Titans (mchiodo) -
3) Jacksonville Jaguars ("Snax") -
4) Oakland Raiders (kylebruneault) -
5) Washington Redskins (BigTimeTMZ) -
6) New York Jets (4thand26) -
7) Chicago Bears (rohan915) -
8) Atlanta Falcons (GMinTraining) -
9) New York Giants (Grandpapa Joe) -
10) St. Louis Rams (deg0ey) -
11) Minnesota Vikings (ablesser88) -
12) Cleveland Browns (djcunningham) -
13) New Orleans Saints (del.champion) -
14) Miami Dolphins (drc242) -
15) San Francisco 49ers (SleepingDuck) -
16) Houston Texans (JaviYL) -
17) San Diego Chargers (StoneColeKiller58) -
18) Kansas City Chiefs (jimmyrustler) -
19) Cleveland Browns (NowWhat?) -
20) Philadelphia Eagles (sports00fan00) -
21) Cincinnati Bengals (Zach_The_Gamecock) -
22) Pittsburgh Steelers (KJ Brophy) -
23) Detroit Lions (KamiKazeJEDI) -
24) Arizona Cardinals (ItownBallers22) -
25) Carolina Panthers (AndyMcNabb) -
26) Baltimore Ravens (dceagles) -
27) Dallas Cowboys (kamjam) -
28) Denver Broncos (WubbaLubbaDubDub) -
29) Indianapolis Colts (ei78) -
30) Green Bay Packers (Nka727) -
31) New Orleans Saints (SwoopThereItIs) -
32) New England Patriots (naderg43) -