Welcome to the newest edition of BGN Radio!
BGN Radio is Bleeding Green Nation's regularly scheduled podcast. Each week some combination of Brandon Lee Gowton, Mike Kaye, James Seltzer, Patrick Wall, Dan Klausner, Matt Dering and host John Barchard will be here to talk about your beloved Philadelphia Eagles.
This episode was brought to you by Dunkin Philly.
• Episode #93 Crew: John Barchard, James Seltzer, Brandon Lee Gowton
• Big Show! We welcome in Eagles CB Walter Thurmond and North Dakota State DE/OLB Kyle Emanuel (who recently had a workout with the Eagles).
• BLG announces that this will be his final BGN Radio appearance?!
• What do you make of the Miles Austin signing? There seem to be a lot of a different takes.
• Whether or not you like the Austin deal... just remember that the Cowboys are still paying him $5.1 million this year and that’s pretty funny.
• Walter Thurmond (interview starts at 9:18) on if he has talked to Brandon Boykin since joining the Eagles: "We actually haven’t talked yet but, it’s going to be interesting (laughter)…"
• What we think we know at this point:
1) If Sam Bradford stays healthy (big if), he's an upgrade over Foles. However, the price is still a head scratcher when it comes to an injury prone QB with one year left on his expensive contract.
2) Collectively, the backfield now seems like it’s an upgrade from last year. The money might not be ideal, but there is merit to the one-cut running back in Chip Kelly’s system.
3) Losing Jeremy Maclin is a big deal. But this draft class boasts a TON of wide receiver talent.
• BLG says: "Josh Huff is more of playmaker than you think."
• What’s the biggest thing the Eagles need to improve on to get back on track this year? (Hint: It starts with the running game.)
• Kyle Emanuel on his preference of being a DE or an OLB: "I would be more comfortable being a DE just because that’s what I have been doing for 5 years. But I don’t really have a preference, I am going to wherever someone wants me to go. I’ve switched positions before, I from a small town and I have played just about every position you can think of…"
• Chip Kelly and the Eagles have been criticized for signing players with injury histories. Is it being overblown or is it valid?
• Final thoughts and more!
• BGN Radio Hotline - Call in and voice your opinions. The number is 1-267-245-6066.
• BGN Radio is on iTunes! SUBSCRIBE HERE. Don't forget to rate us!
HOW TO LISTEN
<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/198911187&color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false"></iframe>
Download: Click here to download this episode.