The reaction to this deal drew mixed reviews, but most seemed positive. Here are some pros and cons to the trade.
• The Eagles cleared $9.4 million salary of McCoy's 2015 salary off the books. They should have about over $50 million in cap space now, plus even more if/when they release DeMeco Ryans.
• If/when the Eagles release Ryans, now they have a natural replacement for him in Alonso. Alonso was named the PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2013. Pairing him up with Mychal Kendricks should be fun.
• The Eagles will have a lot of money in free agency to address roster holes.
• McCoy is set to turn 27 in August. Running backs tend to fall off after age 27 and McCoy has had a big workload the past two seasons.
• McCoy was one of the Eagles most popular players. The team doesn't necessarily care about this, but it's a bummer for the fans.
• Alonso missed all of the 2014 season with an ACL injury. Can he be the same player?
• Trading McCoy opens a big hole at running back. The Eagles will have replacement options but there's no guarantee it'll be a proven player.
These are just a few of the things that first came to mind.
Now it's your turn. Did the Eagles make the right call? Vote below.