Here is a weekly round-up of how various media outlets have ranked the Philadelphia Eagles in their NFL power rankings. The Eagles are coming off a third straight pathetic loss. Let's start by revisiting my rankings.
25) Two straight games where the Eagles have allowed 45 points and looked downright awful. Questions are starting to be raised about Chip Kelly's future in Philadelphia as some of his players have seemingly given up. And yet ... the Eagles are somehow only one game out of first in the NFC East. (LW: 24)
25) N/A (LW: 26)
24) N/A (LW: 13)
21) N/A (LW: 17)
24) According to Elias, the Eagles have allowed 45 points in back-to-back games for the first time in franchise history. The Eagles take on the Patriots, who rank second in scoring this season, in Week 13. (LW: 25)
24) It's gotten so bad for Philly that faint chants for Koy Detmer could be heard within sports bars all around Philly. The Eagles' defense absolutely stunk in Detroit, no question, but the offense sure doesn't help matters when it's contributing those fast-paced three-and-outs. Kelly was so uncomfortable fielding questions about his product on the field, that he introduced a new method for all coaches to follow. Forget the gruff, one-word, terse-is-as-terse-gets approach from the Belichicks of the world. Nope. Kelly gave the media cesspool the "Storage Wars" auctioneer, sheering responsibility with sheer speed ... "Wejusthavetoplaybetter. Ithinkwe'llgetbetterwiththeplayerswehave. Guysmighthavelostfocus. Jeremymaclinwhowe'lljusttakeitonegameatatime. Idon'tknowwhensambradfordwillbeback. Ihaven'tlostcontrolofeverything." (LW: 24)
25) This thing has gone really bad. Will Chip Kelly come back? That's the major question with the Eagles right now. (LW: 23)
25) The Eagles dropped another ugly game on Thursday and I don't think you can lay this at the feet of Mark Sanchez (who didn't throw an INT). The defense has given up 45+ points in back-to-back games for the first time in team history. (LW: 22)
24) The weirdest story of the NFL season will be if Chip Kelly wins a division title after being mercilessly ripped all season. And they are just one game out of first place. (LW: 21)
30) Allowing 90 points in their past two games, the Eagles have collapsed on defense. They no longer generate enough pressure to mask their issues at outside cornerback and injuries have weakened their front. (LW: 26)
24) The Eagles have seemingly all but given up on even attempting to field a competitive football team. 4 days removed from one of the worst losses in franchise history, lightning struck again as Matt Stafford transformed from 3-7 mudslinger to Canton-bound, dropping an additional 5 touchdown passes on an already hapless Eagles defense. As Chip Kelly continues to be courted by every major college coaching position, the Philadelphia faithful can't help by say, "well, at least the 76ers are favored to win... once."
26) At this rate, the Eagles may give the Titans a first-round pick to take Chip Kelly. (LW: 26)
27) A Philly fan pointed out to us that ex-Iggles DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and LeSean McCoy all reached the end zone Sunday. (LW: 23)
26) After a 45-14 beatdown (which looks closer than it actually was) by the Lions, people are wondering where Chip Kelly went wrong, and if he'll be in Philly or college football next season. (LW: 24)
22) The Chip Kelly watch is on. Man, is it on. The Eagles have lost three straight, including back-to-back losses in which they were outscored by a combined 90-31. (LW: 19)
27) What happens when your attempt to go from good to great, as owner Jeffrey Lurie characterized it in the offseason after handing total control over the roster to Coach Chip Kelly, instead takes you from good to terrible? (LW: 20)
29) Will owner Jeffrey Lurie consider firing GM Chip Kelly even if he insists on retaining coach Chip Kelly?
25) The Eagles have lost four of five. They’re allowing 32.8 points during that five-game stretch. They allowed 45 in their last two losses. (LW: 22)
The rankings range from as high as 21 to as low as 30. 24 and 25 were the most common rankings. 25.2 is the average ranking. That's almost two spots down from last week's average ranking of 23.3.
The Eagles are probably going to get smoked by the New England Patriots this week. They'll have a chance to fall even closer to the bottom depending on what happens with other bad teams.