Here is a weekly round-up of how various media outlets have ranked the Philadelphia Eagles in their NFL power rankings. The Eagles are coming off a second straight pathetic loss. Let's start by revisiting my rankings.
24) The Eagles' offense sucks. The defense also apparently sucks now, which isn't convenient. Chip Kelly is clearly not a very popular man in Philadelphia right now. (LW: 21)
26) N/A (LW: 22)
17) N/A (LW: 9)
27) Opponents have a 94.1 third-down passer rating against the Eagles. (LW: 20)
25) The Eagles are one of two teams this season (Broncos) that has thrown more interceptions (14) than touchdown passes (13). Mark Sanchez has four interceptions in two appearances. (LW: 19)
24) Mark Sanchez giveth ... and Mark Sanchez giveth away. And when Philly's backup quarterback wasn't throwing the ball right to Buccaneers like they were the intended targets, Eagles defensive backs made sure not to cover any of Jameis Winston's targets. How do you let a rookie quarterback throw five touchdown passes at your house, especially when you're spending over $10 million per year on a CB? Philadelphia: where free-agent corners' skills go to die. (LW: 15)
23) They don't have much time to get past their horrible loss to the Bucs. They have a trip to Detroit in a few days. (LW: 20)
22) Do you think the Eagles will be in the QB business this offseason? To be fair, there isn't any facet of the Eagles team that seems in sync. (LW: 19)
21) For all the angst, for all the people who are so strangely excited to see Chip Kelly get chased back to college, the Eagles are one game out of first place. Behind an average-at-best Giants team. (LW: 16)
26) Losing by 28 at home has the players talking. An anonymous Eagles player reportedly called out DeMarco Murray for his lack of effort and another opposing player (Lavonte David) called the Eagles’ play-calling predictable. (LW: 23)
24) Chip Kelly's luster has officially worn off as the Eagles fall to 4-6 and look more like a Rufflet than the Braviary that was promised after a myriad of offseason changes. If there was 1 particular facet of professional football that failed on Sunday, it was every single thing. Defense, special teams, offense, coaching, fans, parking lot attendants, mascots, overpriced vendors. The city of Philadelphia desperately needs a win right now. The bad news is, the Eagles will not be the team to do it. (LW: 18)
26) Chip Kelly’s approach to acquiring NFL quarterbacks apparently was inspired by the inscription on the Statue of Liberty. (LW: 22)
23) So is Chip Kelly scouting Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin III on film, or five-star high school recruits? (LW: 20)
24) As the Eagles continue to struggle and with a number of high profile jobs in college football already available or expected to be available, many are predicting that this will be Chip Kelly's final season in the NFL. (LW: 21)
19) The Eagles take a beating at home against Tampa Bay, and Chip Kelly's second-guessers are out in full force. In his first season with full authority over the entire football operation, the results leave much to be desired. (LW: 13)
23) Some were offended before the season when it was suggested that Chip Kelly was on a coaching hot seat. But Kelly made this season all about him when he seized control of the roster during the offseason and then overhauled it. And now that things are falling apart, the blame is his. That is far from suggesting that the Eagles actually would fire him. But there has been plenty of speculation about him leaving. (LW: 21)
23) There are so many big-time college jobs coming open that it's getting hard to peg Chip Kelly's next move. (LW: 20)
22) The Eagles allowed 521 yards in their home loss to Tampa Bay. They try to bounce back at Detroit on Thanksgiving. (LW: 17)
The rankings range from as high as 17 to as low as 27. 23 and 24 were the most common rankings. 23.3 is the average ranking. That's almost six spots down from last week's average ranking of 17.6.
The Eagles have an opportunity to stop the bleeding this week by beating the Lions. A loss to Detroit on Thanksgiving, however, would be disastrous.