The BGN Community Mock Draft is back! Despite not taking place last year, the current BGN staff felt it was necessary to revive this great tradition. May 8th is just around the corner, so we're ready to get this thing started very soon. To the newcomers, make sure to check out the rules after the jump. To all of our vets, welcome back.
In 2012, BGN member jhn finished as champion with a steep 91% community approval. In honor of his great accomplishment, jhn will own the rightful claim to pick for the Eagles this year. Who will be the winner in 2014? It's anyone's guess, but you have to play to win so get those keyboards ready.
REMINDER: Picking teams doesn't start until Wednesday April 9th at 1:00 PM EST. This is just a "heads up" post to give everyone a fair shot at getting their team of choice.
- Just like in the past, this year's process will start at a specific time: Wednesday, April 9th at 1:00 PM EST, to be exact. If you want to be assigned to a pick, just comment in the post that will appear on the front page at that time. Make sure to include the team that you want.
- Teams will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. HOWEVER, you must have at least 300 comments or have been a member of BGN since January 1st, 2014 in order to participate. (Exceptions can be made as BGN staff sees necessary.)
- There are only 32 slots open this year, so if you want a pick, don't wait around! You can only pick one team/selection.
- The first two selections will be posted to the front page on Monday, April 14th. If you have the Houston Texans and St. Louis Rams (via Washington, 2nd overall), be ready to e-mail me your picks. My e-mail is PE-BGN (at) mail (dot) com.
- Everyone's pick will be due to me a few days before the pick is published on BGN's front page. The exact schedule for when picks are due will be posted tomorrow.
- Two picks will be posted every business day (Monday through Friday, no weekends) until we reach the end of our mock draft, which, conveniently enough, should coincide with the beginning of draft week.
- Standard fanpost etiquette applies - meaning please make your pick explanations at least 150 words long and try to use big boy sentences. Punctuation is also appreciated.
- If you want some examples of how the picks went down in previous years, click [here] and [here] and [here].
- The winner of the mock (and the recipient of next year's Eagles pick) will be determined by a community approval rating poll placed on each article. Don't forget to vote!
- No trades - sorry, guys.
Keep an eye out for the selection post TOMORROW (April 9th, 1 PM EST). Best of luck to everyone! Let's have some fun.