SB Nation's Mocking the Draft released their latest 2014 NFL Mock Draft on Monday morning. This mock goes only one round deep and featured no trades. The theme of this mock was to go with "what feels right" and to disregard rumors and speculation. Let's see who MTD has the Eagles taking this time around.
22. Philadelphia Eagles: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
The Eagles need better cornerback play next season and have few good long-term options on the roster. Dennard is a physical cornerback, but he's athletic enough to work on zone plays. Could this be a landing spot for rising wide receiver Cody Latimer?
Scouting report: Darqueze Dennard is lockdown and physical
It's not uncommon for a cornerback to be mocked to the Eagles at No. 22, but Dennard is hardly a popular name when it comes to Eagles mock picks. Dennard is considered to be one of the top cornerbacks and could make sense.
• Players of interest who were still on the board: WR Marqise Lee, CB Kyle Fuller, CB Jason Verrett, and CB Bradley Roby.
• Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks goes to the Jets at No. 18. At this point I feel like this is the furthest Cooks will fall in the real draft. Also worth noting Odell Beckham Jr. ends up with the Steelers at No. 15.
• Some mocks have OLB Anthony Barr falling into the 20s, but it seems like the Titans at No. 11 could prevent that from happening.
• Around the NFC East: the New York Giants (12) end up with offensive tackle Taylor Lewan, the Dallas Cowboys (16) draft defensive end Kony Ealy, and the Washington Redskins draft... oh, that's right. (This will never not be funny.)
How do you feel about this pick? Were there better options available? Is this what feels right?