The first 10 picks of the 2014 BGN Community Mock Draft have all been posted. Let's take a look at some of the best and worst picks so far as judged by the approval polls.
Best pick: Jadeveon Clowney at No. 3 to the Jaguars
Worst pick: Teddy Bridgewater at No. 1 to the Texans
An entire recap of the first ten below.
1) Houston Texans - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville - [Pick]
I can see how there are cases for other players than Bridgewater at No. 1, but I was surprised to see such a low approval. Bridgewater is arguably the best QB in the class and could be a player for the Texans to build around. I wonder if the pre-draft madness has Bridgewater underrated. Mike Mayock says he wouldn't be surprised if Bridgewater fell out of the first round. I'm not so sure I see that happening.
2) St. Louis Rams - Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson - [Pick]
GM: starship 007
If you're sticking with Sam Bradford, you might as well give him something to work with.
3) Jacksonville Jaguars - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina - [Pick]
No brainer, really. Clowney is a monster and I don't see the Gus Bus passing him up in favor of a quarterback. This pick is the early favorite for the winner of the entire BGN Mock Draft.
4) Cleveland Browns - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M - [Pick]
The Browns are bad and they have missed on so many quarterbacks. What's there to lose, though? Manziel is truly a boom or bust prospect, he could be worth the risk.
5) Oakland Raiders - Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Raiders - [Pick]
The Raiders lack talent everywhere. Getting the best player available is the right way to go.
6) Atlanta Falcons - Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn - [Pick]
Will the Falcons trade up in the draft? It seems possible, but maybe staying put would be the better option. Here they get a top tackle prospect to solidify a shoddy offensive line.
7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Blake Bortles, QB, UCF - [Pick]
By now you've seen that picking a quarterback high in this year's BGN mock doesn't go over well. The Bucs still may need a long-term QB but I'm not sure if new head coach Lovie Smith is in a rush to get one this year.
8) Minnesota Vikings - Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA - [Pick]
An even 50-50 on this one. That perfectly sums up the general reaction I've seen to Barr: boom or bust. With 3 QBs already off the board, the Vikings were forced to get creative here.
9) Buffalo Bills - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M - [Pick]
I love this comment from Patrick Wall: "If this happens I’ll be looking forward to trading for Jake Matthews once Jason Peters retires."
10) Detroit Lions - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M - [Pick]
Mike Evans and Calvin Johnson on the same team? That's not very fun... for opposing cornerbacks.
Up next: Picks 11-20 coming up this week!