SB Nation's Mocking the Draft released their latest 2014 NFL Mock Draft on Monday morning. This mock goes two rounds deep and features trades. Let's see who MTD has the Eagles taking this time around:
22. Philadelphia Eagles - Marqise Lee, WR, USC
Early on, Chip Kelly has shown a tendency to look favorably on his former opponents in the Pac-12. He's been quick to praise Marqise Lee in the past, and with Philadelphia's need at wide receiver, he makes a ton of sense. Lee had a down season as a junior, but injuries definitely played a role. He's still worth a first-round pick, even if he's not the top-10 player we expected preseason.
54. Philadelphia Eagles - Jeremiah Attaochu, LB, Georgia Tech
Getting faster on defense is something Chip Kelly has stressed. Jeremiah Attaochu provides a ton of athleticism off the edge as a pass rusher but would be able to drop back in coverage as he showed at times at the Senior Bowl. The Eagles need to add pass rushers in this draft.
If you've been paying attention to any mock drafts recently, and we know you have, you will hardly be surprised by these picks. Lee and Attaochu have become some of the most popular names to be mocked to the Eagles. Lee makes sense in the first round given the Eagles' heavy interest in him and their need for a receiver. Attaochu is the pass rusher the Eagles could groom to take over for Trent Cole in future years.
How do you feel about these picks? Were there better options available?
Other notes from this mock:
• Brandin Cooks and Anthony Barr were still on the board when the Eagles picked at No. 22. I would be surprised if that actually happened on draft day. And I'd be even more surprised if the Eagles didn't take one of the two with their pick.
• The quarterbacks in this mock are free falling. Teddy Bridgewater goes at 19 (Jags trade up) and Johnny Manziel falls to 20. Nick Foles is the Eagles' QB for the foreseeable future but it would be interesting to see what happens if one of the top passers falls to No. 22.
• Kyle Fuller, who I chose for the Eagles in the SB Nation NFL Writer's Mock Draft last week, is the first cornerback off the board at pick No. 14.
• Around the NFC East... The New York Giants take LB C.J. Mosley and DT Louis Nix III, the Dallas Cowboys add DE Kony Ealy and S Deone Bucannon, and Washington doesn't pick until the second round where they select OT Cyrus Kouandjio.