With both teams sitting pretty at 8-3 and coming off wins in Week 12, the Cowboys and Eagles will battle in Dallas on Thanksgiving. Philadelphia comes into the game with a perfect division record, but has only played against the Redskins and Giants. The Cowboys will seemingly pose a larger threat to the Eagles' success, as Dallas has been Philadelphia's lone challenger in the division for the majority of the season.
With Nick Foles ruled out, Mark Sanchez will once again be at quarterback for the Eagles. The veteran passer will aim to lead the team to victory on the road. While the Eagles are 6-0 at home, they have struggled on the road (2-3) this season. This will be the first of two meetings between the two teams over a three-week span. The Eagles and Cowboys play next in Philadelphia on December 14.
Date: Thursday, November 27, 2014
Time: 4:30 ET
Announcers: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, and Erin Andrews
Location: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
NFL Network replay: Friday, November 28, 2014 at 3:00 PM EST
NFL Game Pass offers live online broadcasts to users outside the USA.
Sirius 132 (Internet 823)
Local radio: 94 WIP
Philadelphia Eagles +3
Dallas Cowboys -3
Over/under: 54 points
These two NFC East rivals have met 110 times, including the playoffs. The Cowboys lead the series with a 61-49 record, as well as their playoff match-ups, 3-1. The Eagles won the last meeting between the two teams in the division-clinching season finale in Dallas last season, 24-22.
Bleeding Green Nation's complete coverage of the game can be found here.
More: Eagles vs Cowboys coverage
Check out Blogging the Boys for the Dallas perspective on Thursday's game.
NFL Injury Report
OUT: QB Nick Foles (collarbone)
QUESTIONABLE: LB Emmanuel Acho (groin)
PROBABLE: DE Brandon Bair (elbow), TE Zach Ertz (oblique), S Nate Allen (ankle), WR Jordan Matthews (knee), OT Jason Peters (quad), K Cody Parkey (right groin)
Titans injury report
OUT: DB Tyler Patmon (knee/ankle), OLB Dekoda Watson (hamstring), DE Jack Crawford (thumb)
DOUBTFUL: SS Jeff Heath (thumb)
PROBABLE: DT Josh Brent (groin), DT Tyrone Crawford (knee), OT Doug Free (foot), DT Nick Hayden (shoulder), MLB Rolando McClain (knee), QB Tony Romo (back), WR Terrance Williams (finger)
- Quarterback Mark Sanchez has only played the Cowboys once in his career. In 2011, Sanchez led the Jets to an opening day victory against Dallas. Sanchez went 26-of-44 for 335 passing yards, two touchdowns and one interception.
- Connor Barwin is currently second in the league in sacks with 12.5.
- Jeremy Maclin is 20 receiving yards away from having his first 1,000-yard season.
- Darren Sproles needs one more punt return for a touchdown to break the team's single-season record.
- The Eagles have 13 first quarter sacks this season.
- Philadelphia leads the league with 19 forced fumbles. Brandon Graham is among the league leaders with four forced fumbles.
- QB coach Bill Musgrave was drafted in the fourth round of the 1991 NFL Draft by the Cowboys.
- Kicker Cody Parkey set a team record with his fourth 50 yards or more field goal against the Titans. The four made field goals in that range are the most in a single season for an Eagles kicker.
NFL Schedule 2014
Former Eagles on the Other Sideline
G/T Donald Hawkins (2014 off-season roster, signed as undrafted free agent)
(*) Offseason/Practice Squad