The Philadelphia Eagles are coming off of a frustrating loss to the Arizona Cardinals, so a match-up with the Texans could be an opportunity for the team to get back on track. Houston is 2-3 in its last five games and was on a three game losing streak until its blowout win over the Tennessee Titans in Week 8. The Eagles are currently 5-2 and need to keep pace with the 6-2 Cowboys to keep their NFC East division championship repeat hopes alive.
Nick Foles has struggled with turnovers the entire season and it really has been a significant issue. While the team is well-above being in trouble at this point in the season, Foles needs to turn around his game and get a win on the road this week. A banged up offensive line will not make it easier for him against a defensive line that features J.J. Watt.
Date: Nov. 2, 2014
Time: 1:00 PM ET
Announcers: Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa
Location: NRG Stadium, Houston, Texas
NFL Network replay: Monday, November 3 at 12:00 PM EST
NFL Game Pass offers live online broadcasts to users outside the USA.
Sirius 132 (Internet 823)
Local radio: 94 WIP
Philadelphia Eagles -1
Houston Texans +1
Over/under: 48 points
The Eagles have played the Texans only three times since the Houston franchise debuted in 2002. Philadelphia has won all three meetings with a combined score of 93-51. The Eagles last played the Texans in 2010 in game that they won at home by a score of 34-24. The Eagles have only played the Texans on road once. They won that game 24-10 in 2006.
Bleeding Green Nation's complete coverage of the game can be found here.
More: Eagles vs Texans coverage
Check out Battle Red Blog for the Houston perspective on Sunday's game.
NFL Injury Report
QUESTIONABLE: S Nate Allen (hamstring), WR Brad Smith (groin)
PROBABLE: CB Brandon Boykin (hamstring), OG Todd Herremans (biceps), C Jason Kelce (hernia), ILB Mychal Kendricks (calf), ILB DeMeco Ryans (groin), RB Darren Sproles (knee), CB Jaylen Watkins (wrist), WR Jeff Maehl (foot), TE Brent Celek (back)
Texans injury report
OUT: ILB Jeff Tarpinian (knee)
QUESTIONABLE: OLB Jadeveon Clowney (knee/illness), ILB Brian Cushing (knee), CB Darryl Morris (ankle)
PROBABLE: DE Tim Jamison (groin), OLB Whitney Mercilus (shoulder), CB Jumal Rolle (wrist), OLB Brooks Reed (groin), RB Arian Foster (knee), WR Andre Johnson (ankle), CB Johnathan Joseph (knee), RB Alfred Blue (ankle), OLB John Simon (ankle)
- The Eagles really like former Houston talent. The team currently has seven former Texans on the roster. Connor Barwin, Donnie Jones, Andrew Gardner, Jeff Maehl, James Casey, Bryan Braman, and DeMeco Ryans have all played for Houston. Former Texans guard Wade Smith played five games for the Eagles this season before being released.
- Rookie wide receiver Josh Huff has a Houston Texans tattoo...
- Nick Foles, Emmaunel Acho, James Casey, Lane Johnson and Jason Peters are all from Texas.
- LeSean McCoy needs 18 rushing yards to pass Brian Westbrook for the franchise's second all-time total. He also needs 23 rushing attempts to move past Westbrook for the third most in Eagles history.
- Nick Foles is one 300-yard passing game away from tying with Sonny Jurgensen and Donovan McNabb for the most in a season .
NFL Schedule 2014
Former Eagles on the Other Sideline
WR Damaris Johnson (2012-2013)
(IR) OLB Ricky Sapp (2010 fifth round pick)