The 2014 NFL season first quarter edition of Philadelphia Eagles approval polls continues here on Bleeding Green Nation with general manager Howie Roseman. Don't forget to vote in the Chip Kelly approval poll from Tuesday and Bill Davis approval poll from Wednesday if you missed out on those.
• The Malcolm Jenkins signing looks great. Roseman paid market value for Jenkins but Jenkins has been worth every penny so far if not more. Jenkins was signed at a fraction of the cost of "top free agent safety" Jairus Byrd.
• Talk about a shrewd trade: acquiring Darren Sproles for a 5th round draft pick looks like genius. Sproles has been a revelation in his first four games.
• Bringing Jeremy Maclin back was the right call. Maclin is playing very well.
• Special teams have been vastly improved. Along with Sproles, the addition of players like Chris Maragos and Bryan Braman have paid off. Rookie undrafted free agent Trey Burton has played well on specials and looks like he could even be useful on offense in the future.
• The Riley Cooper contract doesn't look so hot. Cooper has struggled through his first four games. Cooper needs to step up in order to make his contract look even decent.
• DeSean Jackson is gone.
• Pass rush and cornerback still remain weak points on the roster.
• Not much immediate impact from the 2014 NFL Draft class.
So, do you approve of the job Howie Roseman is doing as the general manager of the Philadelphia Eagles? Vote now in the poll below and leave your thoughts in the comments.
Roseman Approval Polls: