The Eagles (4-1) are set to wear all-black uniforms for the first time ever as they host the New York Giants (3-2) on Sunday night. Philadelphia has had a bumpy road to their current record, with some believing that they doesn't deserve to be in the position that they are in right now. The Eagles can prove the team's worth against a Giants squad that has been terrific over the last three games.
The Eagles will need Nick Foles and LeSean McCoy to bounce back after an unimpressive five-game stretch. The Giants have been able to put up points, so Philadelphia's defense needs to play well against the NFC East division rivals. This is expected to be a very entertaining and close contest.
Date: October 12, 2014
Time: 8:30 PM ET
Announcers: Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth with Michele Tafoya
Location: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
NFL Network replay:
Monday, October 13, 2014 - 10:30 PM
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 12:30 PM
NFL Game Pass offers live online broadcasts to users outside the USA.
Sirius 92 (Internet 823)
Local radio: 94 WIP
New York Giants +2.5
Philadelphia Eagles -2.5
This will be the 164th meeting between the Giants and Eagles. The Giants lead in their series together, 85-77-2. The Eagles are 42-38-1 at home in the series and are 6-6 at The Linc. The Eagles have played the Giants more than any other team in the NFL. In the last 14 season, the Eagles (7) and Giants (4) have combined for 11 NFC East titles. The Eagles are 1-1 against the Giants under Chip Kelly.
Bleeding Green Nation's complete coverage of the game can be found here.
More: SB Nation's Giants vs Eagles coverage
Check out Big Blue View for the New York perspective on Sunday's game.
NFL Injury Report
OUT: ILB Mychal Kendricks (calf), C Jason Kelce (hernia), WR Brad Smith (groin), RB Chris Polk (hamstring)
QUESTIONABLE: ILB DeMeco Ryans (groin)
PROBABLE: OLB Connor Barwin (knee), CB Brandon Boykin (hamstring), TE Trey Burton (achilles), CB Nolan Carroll II (hamstring), WR Josh Huff (shoulder), OL Matt Tobin (ankle)
Giants injury report
OUT: RB Rashad Jennings (knee), LB Spencer Paysinger (hamstring)
QUESTIONABLE: LB Jon Beason (foot/toe), DE Robert Ayers (neck)
PROBABLE: CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (ankle/hamstring), P Steve Weatherford (left ankle)
- Defensive coordinator Billy Davis served as the Giants linebackers coach during the 2004 season.
- Linebacker Emmanuel Acho was on the Giants practice squad for the first seven games of the 2013 season.
- Nick Foles needs 233 passing yards to pass Adrian Burk for the 11th spot on the team's all-time passing list.
- LeSean McCoy needs 115 rushing yards to pass Steve Van Buren for the third spot on the team's all-time rushing list. He needs to catch two passes to pass Tommy McDonald for the 13th spots on the all-time receiving list.
- Giants head coach Tom Coughlin was the Eagles wide receiver coach from 1984-85.
- The Eagles longest home winning streak is 11 games, they are currently at seven straight games.
- Eight of Trent Cole's 81.5 career sacks have come against the Giants.
- Despite being in this third season, Foles has only played the Giants once and didn't even start in the game. He came in for Michael Vick in Week 5 of last season and connected on 16-of-25 passes for 197 passing yards and two touchdowns. He accomplished a passer rating of 114.9 in a comeback win.
- Foles is 3-4 in division games that he has started and 4-4 in division games that he has participated in a feature role. As a starter, he has helped win three-straight division games, including a victory over Washington in Week 3.
- Jeremy Maclin is on pace to catch 80 passes for 1,373 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns.All of those stats would be career highs.
NFL Schedule 2014
Former Eagles on the Other Sideline
C Dallas Reynolds (2009-2013)
DT Cullen Jenkins (2011-2012)
DT Mike Patterson (2005 1st round pick, 2005-2012)
S Quintin Demps (2008 4th round pick, 2008-2009)
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (2011-2012)