According to a report from FOX 29, DeSean Jackson's home in South Philadelphia has been robbed. Details of the report:
A source tells Fox 29 Jackson was out of town when the crime was committed.
Wearing a hoodie, only Fox 29 was there when it appears Jackson returned home Saturday afternoon.
The source says Jackson's mother went upstairs and found the place ransacked sometime overnight, and called police Saturday morning.
They say one of his safes was taken and two others were cracked open.
We're told they got away with $250,000 dollars worth of cash, $125,000 in jewelry , and two semi-automatic handguns.
That's certainly no small chunk of change, and this isn't the first time an Eagles player's home has been robbed. Jason Peters had his place broken into in 2011, and former Eagles player Brodrick Bunkley was robbed in 2008. As you can see from those reports, Jackson's loss was significantly larger.
In an unrelated story from earlier this week, Jackson made headlines when he stated his desire for a new contract.
- Eagles Approval Ratings: Howie Roseman (January 2014)
- The Linc - Nick Foles is "Tremendous"
- NFL Playoffs 2014 Picks Against the Spread: Divisional Round
- NFL Playoff Schedule 2014: Divisional Round Preview, TV Schedule, Online Streaming, Odds, and More
- 2014 NFL Pro Bowl: Jason Peters Opts Out
- Report: Dolphins, Buccaneers Request Permission to Interview Eagles VP of Player Personnel Tom Gamble