The Eagles are notoriously lacking depth in the secondary, so it's no surprise they are evaluating external options. Adam Caplan reports that the Eagles worked out former Giants safety Tyler Sash.
Former Giants S Tyler Sash worked out for the Eagles last week.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) September 9, 2013
Sash was a depth player for the Giants after being drafted in the 6th round of the 2011 draft. He also contributed on special teams. New York recently cut him in order to trim their roster down to the 53 man limit.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- What do you hate most about the Washington Redskins?
- The Linc - Philadelphia Eagles Gameday is Here!!!
- Sunday Night Football Review: Cowboys Beat Giants in an Unimpressive Win
- Welcome to the New Age!
- NFL Week 1 Late Games Roundup: The 49ers Get Nnamdi'd But Win Anyway
- NFL Week 1 Early Games Roundup: Andy Reid wins in his Kansas City Chiefs Debut