The Eagles enter Week 1 with a clean slate. The Chip Kelly Era will officially begins Monday night in Landover, Maryland when the Eagles go toe-to-toe with the Washington Redskins. The Skins have weapons on both sides of the ball that will test the Eagles throughout the game. With Robert Griffin III and Alfred Morris on the field, the defense will have its work cut out for them. Meanwhile, the offense will also have its hands full with Ryan Kerrigan and Brian Orakpo.
The Eagles will need Michael Vick and LeSean McCoy to deliver big time in prime time to start the season with a win. If Kelly's offense can keep the Skins on their toes, they will walk out victorious, in what seems to be a shoot-out in the making.
When and Where to Watch
7:15 p.m. ET, ESPN & 6ABC
Sirius 92 (Internet 823)
The Eagles went 0-2 against the Redskins last season. Philadelphia is 71-80 all-time.
Check out Hogs Haven for the Redskins' perspective on tonight's game.
- Safety Kurt Coleman has collected four of his seven career-interceptions against the Redskins (including a three interception performance in 2011).
- As an Eagle, quarterback Michael Vick has scored eight passing touchdowns against Washington. He also has had two rushing touchdowns as an Eagle against the Redskins.
- Running back LeSean McCoy has only two career-touchdowns (one rushing, one receiving) against Washington.
- Outside linebacker Trent Cole has six career-sacks against the Redskins and had his first-ever NFL sack against Washington on November 6, 2005.
- Wide receiver DeSean Jackson has five career-receiving touchdowns against the Redskins.
- Kicker Alex Henery is has made all eight of his field goals in his four career-games against Washington. Each game has featured him attempting two field goals. His longest field goal against Washington was a 42-yarder last season.
- The "Voice of the Eagles" Merrill Reese has well-publicized hatred of the Washington Redskins press box.
Former Eagles on the Other Sideline
DE/OLB Darryl Tapp (2010-2012)
Follow Bleeding Green Nation for updates throughout tonight's game. We will have your updates on injuries, scores and more. You can follow Brandon Lee Gowton on Twitter at @BrandonGowton and Mike Kaye at @mike_e_kaye.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- #FlyEaglesFly: Eagles Players Game Day Tweets
- Contest: Predict the Eagles' First Offensive Play, Tackle, and Touchdown
- Eagles vs. Redskins 2013: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming and more
- What do you hate most about the Washington Redskins?
- The Linc - Philadelphia Eagles Gameday is Here!!!
- Eagles work out former Giants safety Tyler Sash