According to a report from CSN Washington's Tarik El-Bashir, Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall has been fined $20,000 for a horse collar tackle on DeSean Jackson. The incident took place during the Eagles vs. Redskins Monday Night Football season opener.
Jackson was running out of bounds on the play and Hall made a diving tackle attempt from behind. Hall's hand latched on to the back neck of DeSean's jersey. Hall pulled down on DeSean as the two went out of bounds. The play resulted in a 15 yard penalty against the Redskins at the time, and now a fine for Hall as well.
After the play, DeSean was understandably upset and got into a scrap with Hall but wasn't penalized. The two had words and shoving for each other on several plays after the call.
It was a dumb and dangerous decision by Hall. The fine is definitely deserved.
In case you missed the play, here is a visual GIF of what happened (link).
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- Chip Kelly's full arsenal of Eagles offensive talents not yet on display
- BGN Writer NFL Picks: Week 2, 2013
- Eagles Rookie OT Lane Johnson looks impressive early
- The Linc - DeSean Jackson: Eagles are "definitely a top contending team"
- Eagles injury report: Bradley Fletcher did not practice, Brandon Hughes returns