Day one of free agency was as frenzied as you would have expected with 8 players inking deals of more than $30 million and scores of other signings as well. Day two of free agency is often even more active than the first in terms of sheer volume of deals.
When the Eagles went on their free agent shopping spree in 2010, most of those deals were sealed on day two. So here are the best remaining free agents on day two of free agency.
1. Cliff Avril, DE/OLB - It's a bit of a surprise that Avril was not one of those guys that was targeted early in free agency as he offers both scheme versatility (3-4 and 4-3) and consistent production. He had 9.5 sacks last year, 11 the year before and he's only 26. This appears to be a very good pass rusher just hitting his prime.
He's a better and more player than Paul Kruger who was snapped up in the first hour of free agency by the Browns.
2. Dashon Goldson, S - Here's another guy who many thought would be scooped up quickly and to be honest, the 2x pro bowler may not last long. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers flew him to Florida on a private jet last night and are due to meet with him today. The Bucs have the league's worst pass defense and are likely to throw big money at him.
3. The offensive lineman - I'm cheating here, but I'm going to group Sebastian Vollmer, Jake Long and Andre Smith here together. As soon as one signs he should set the market for the others. Jermon Bushrod's big deal will also factor in. Long is the only one that appears close to signing anywhere as he's in St. Louis for a physical.
4. Wes Welker, WR - Over just the last 2 seasons Welker has caught 240 passes for 2,923 yards and 15 TDs. He's been phenomenally productive in New England and it would be foolish to assume that's all because of Tom Brady. Welker is a great player and is going to bring a large portion of that production somewhere.
5. Brent Grimes, CB - After missing last season with an ACL Grimes is no doubt a risk. But talent-wise I think he's the best corner on the market right now and that includes Aqib Talib & Sean Smith. Grimes was a pro bowler in 2010, so if he's healthy he could be signed for relatively cheap and could be a steal. Plus, he's from Philadelphia.
More Eagles free agency news