According to the NFL, Eagles tight end Zach Ertz has been named Week 13's Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week. The award is based on fan voting.
Ertz put together a career performance in the Eagles' 24-21 victory over the Arizona Cardinals last Sunday. He caught 5 passes for 68 yards (13.6 average, long of 16) and 2 touchdowns. Ertz was critical in game where the Eagles wide receivers were limited by Arizona's stifling defensive backs.
Ertz's two scores marked the first multi-touchdown game by an Eagles tight end (regular season) since Chad Lewis did so in 2001. The last Eagles rookie tight end to have a multi-TD game was Keith Jackson in 1988.
It's good to see the Eagles' second round pick from the 2013 NFL Draft catching on as the season moves along.
You can watch highlights of Ertz's performance against the Cardinals by clicking here.
- Eagles vs. Lions 2013 Preview: Can Philadelphia Stay Hot?
- The Nick of the Irish
- Eagles-Lions Final Injury Report: Earl Wolff, Najee Goode Ruled Out
- Gary Kubiak Fired: Houston Texans Head Coach First to Be Fired in 2013
- Eagles vs. Lions 2013: Fantasy Football Guide
- Eagles vs. Lions 2013 Odds: Picking Against the Spread