According to the NFL, Eagles tight end Zach Ertz has been named Week 13's Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week. The award is based on fan voting.
Ertz put together a career performance in the Eagles' 24-21 victory over the Arizona Cardinals last Sunday. He caught 5 passes for 68 yards (13.6 average, long of 16) and 2 touchdowns. Ertz was critical in game where the Eagles wide receivers were limited by Arizona's stifling defensive backs.
Ertz's two scores marked the first multi-touchdown game by an Eagles tight end (regular season) since Chad Lewis did so in 2001. The last Eagles rookie tight end to have a multi-TD game was Keith Jackson in 1988.
It's good to see the Eagles' second round pick from the 2013 NFL Draft catching on as the season moves along.
- Eagles vs. Lions 2013 Preview: Can Philadelphia Stay Hot?
- The Nick of the Irish
- Eagles-Lions Final Injury Report: Earl Wolff, Najee Goode Ruled Out
- Gary Kubiak Fired: Houston Texans Head Coach First to Be Fired in 2013
- Eagles vs. Lions 2013: Fantasy Football Guide
- Eagles vs. Lions 2013 Odds: Picking Against the Spread