Yesterday at the site I released my Week 17 . But what is only one opinion worth?
So here is a round up of how various media outlets have ranked your Philadelphia Eagles. Let's start by revisiting mine:
10) Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 11) - The Eagles absolutely decimated the Bears at home. Philly will be the #3 seed in the NFC, given they beat Dallas and make the playoffs. Odd observation: the Eagles are the only 9-6 team in the NFL.
11) Not since the first 33 minutes of their season-opening win over the Redskins has the Eagles' devastating pace seemed as formidable as it did against the Bears on Sunday night. While Chip Kelly let off the gas in Week 1, he triggered the nitrous and kept the pedal to the metal while embarrasing Chicago. The Eagles lack home-field advantage in their win-or-go-home showdown with Dallas next week, but they bring just about every other advantage you could hope for into Jerryworld as they attempt to run riot on the Romo-less Cowboys. (Last week: 16)
11) What an offensive explosion against Chicago! They deserve to be the NFC East champs. (LW: 12)
11) The Eagles have been red-hot, but now their young quarterback gets his first uber-important game in front of a nationally televised audience. Dallas was able to corral the Philly playmakers in the first contest using defensive principles they've since abandoned. What kind of adjustments will Chip Kelly's explosive offense make with everything on the line? (LW: 12)
11) Nick Foles has the Philadelphia Eagles rolling. I think they will easily dispatch the Kyle Orton led Dallas Cowboys to take the division title next week and they will likely be a tough opponent at home in the playoffs. Whether they win or not will depend on their opponent. I think they match up well against the Saints, but not so much the 49ers. (LW: 14)
11) Talk about a crushing win, the Bears had no business being on the same field. (LW: 13)
9) They would probably have the NFC East sewn up by ow if Foles was the Day 1 starter, but hey, that's the NFL. Despite his heroics and impressive performances, their season is on the line in Dallas next week, where the winner takes all. Key to the game - feed LeSean McCoy, gorge him. He's a legit OPOY candidate.
7) Before Philly sends out the playoff tickets, the Eagles need to figure out how to score more than three points against the Cowboys. (LW: 9)
11) That was a heck of a performance against the Bears. Too bad it didn't matter. (LW: 11)
11) LeSean McCoy posted 162 yards from scrimmage in Week 16, and is now 92 yards shy of the Eagles' record, set by Brian Westbrook in 2007. (LW: 11)
12) With a win next week, the Eagles will barely slide into the playoffs. But I promise you, no one wants to face this team in the postseason. They are way too explosive. (LW: 16)
Analysis: The rankings range from as high as 7 to as low as 12. 11 was the most common ranking. 10.3 is the average ranking. Philadelphia moved back into good standings after dropping a few spots the week before. Despite that slip up against Minnesota, it's hard to deny the Eagles have been hot. 12 definitely seems too low. The Eagles didn't move up in a lot of rankings because the teams in front of them won as well.
The next step for the Eagles is to bring home a big playoff clinching win over the Cowboys in Dallas.