The Eagles enter Week 6 on a one-game win streak. However, if they want to keep pace with the Cowboys in the hunt for the NFC East, they will have to go down to Tampa Bay and come out with a win. With Nick Foles likely to start on Sunday, both Philadelphia fans and the Buccaneers will have to play a guessing game as to what the Eagles will do on the road.
The Eagles offense and defense took steps in the right direction in Week 5 against the Giants but now it is time to prove it was not a fluke. DeSean Jackson against Darrelle Revis will be the matchup of the game and the Eagles will have to utilize LeSean McCoy to open up passing lanes. The Buccaneers have a rookie quarterback in Mike Glennon and the key to throwing him off his game is to improve the Eagles pass rush. This game should be close and the turnover battle will likely dictate the winner.
When and Where to Watch
Sunday, 1 p.m. ET,
Eagles are 9-7 against the Buccaneers in the regular season, but 11-9 all-time (including playoffs). Philadelphia has won the last two games in the series. The last time the Eagles played the Buccaneers, Nick Foles led a game-winning drive and beat Tampa Bay with the score of 23-21. It was awesome!
Check out Bucs Nation for the Buccaneers' perspective on Sunday's game.
- Eagles S Colt Anderson went to the same high school as Evil Knievel (not game related but thought it was interesting) in Butte, Montana.
- If LeSean McCoy rushes for 66 yards or more, he will set the Eagles six-game rushing record.
- With two catches, Jason Avant will move into 13th place all-time for Eagles receptions. He has 274 catches and current running backs coach Duce Staley had 275.
- S Nate Allen played at USF in Tampa and Riley Cooper is from nearby Clearwater, FL. Duce Staley was born in Tampa.
- LB Najee Goode and OL Julian Vandervelde both have spent time with the Buccaneers. Goode was a fifth-round pick of the Bucs last season and played in three games with Tampa Bay. Vandervelde was on the Tampa Bay practice squad for a little while last season.
Former Eagles on the Other Sideline
WR/ST Russell Shepard (2013 Training Camp)
DE Daniel Teo-Nesheim (2010, former third-round pick)
DT Derek Landri (2011-2012)
By the way, if you see this jersey, please stop by and say hi:
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- Eagles vs. Buccaneers: Five Questions with Bucs Nation
- Eagles-Buccaneers Final Injury Report: Michael Vick Questionable
- Report: NFLPA could advise Eagles-Bucs not to play due to MRSA scare
- Johnthan Banks is the third Buccaneers player to be diagnosed with MRSA, per report
- Eagles vs. Bucs Week 6: Fantasy Football Sit/Start Advice
- Eagles vs. Buccaneers 2013 Preview: Don't Sleep on Tampa Bay
- Eagles could move CB Jordan Poyer to safety
- How ineffective is Riley Cooper as a starting wide receiver?