Todd McShay has released his first mock draft of the season based on the current records and strength of schedule. The Eagles pick at #4 and at least judging from the conversations I've had and read here on BGN in recent weeks, I think we'd all be generally happy with things if they play out the way McShay projects.
Here's his top 10.
1. Kansas City Chiefs - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
3. Oakland Raiders - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
4. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
Here's what McShay had to say.
The Eagles have major concerns along the offensive line, and also have a need at cornerback. The line situation will improve when C Jason Kelce and OTs Jason Peters and Todd Herremans return from injured reserve next season, but you could not fault Philadelphia for taking the best available offensive tackle. Joeckel is a smart, technically sound and tough player in the mold ofJoe Thomas, and Joeckel started all 37 games at left tackle in his first three seasons with the Aggies. He could play right tackle opposite Peters and allow Herremans to move inside to guard.
5. Carolina Panthers - Johnathan Hankins*, DT, Ohio State
6. Tennessee Titans - Barkevious Mingo*, DE, LSU
7. Detroit Lions - Dee Milliner*, CB, Alabama
8. Arizona Cardinals - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
9. San Diego Chargers - Taylor Lewan*, OT, Michigan
10. Cleveland Browns - Chance Warmack*, G, Alabama
As for other notable names that have come up here... He has Manti Te'o going #11 to the Bills, Jarvis Jones #13 to the Saints and Matt Barkley not as a first rounder.