The Eagles must slim their roster down to 53 players by 6:00 p.m. this Saturday, so there are many difficult decisions on the horizon for the front office.
BGN will be updating our annual roster cuts tracker as the information comes in, so make sure to check back often. Here are the players who've gotten the axe so far:
|Rashad Jeanty||LB||Adam Caplan|
|Chad Hall||WR||Adam Caplan|
|Sinorice Moss||WR||Pro Football Talk|
|Anthony Hargrove||DT||Jeff McLane|
|Derek Landri||DT||Jeff McLane|
|Mike McGlynn||C||Jeff McLane|
|Austin Howard||OT||Geoff Mosher|
|Donald Lee||TE||Jeff McLane|
|Joselio Hanson||CB||Adam Caplan|
|Daniel Te'o-Nesheim||DE||Reuben Frank|
|Johnnie Lee Higgins||WR||Eagles|
In addition, OT Jose Acuna has been placed on the Reserve/Left Squad list.
[Update by JasonB, 09/02/11 6:50 PM EDT ] Brandon Graham and Winston Justice have been placed on the PUP list and will be unavailable for the first six weeks of the season.
Notes and thoughts after the jump...
- Chad Hall just barely makes the cut for practice squad eligibility, so there's a chance that he could remain in an Eagles uniform this year.
- The Anthony Hargrove and Derek Landri cuts come as a bit of a shock, but rumor has it that the Eagles could be looking to bring them back after week 1 to avoid paying them any guaranteed money. It's a risky maneuver, for sure, but apparently the team is satisfied with Antonio Dixon, Trevor Laws and (possibly) Cedric Thornton as their backup DTs.
- According to ESPN's Andrew Brandt, Winston Justice has solidified his spot on the team by agreeing to take a pay cut.
- Jeff McLane has heard that Juqua Parker has survived the cuts.
- Jonathan Tamari is reporting that Colt Anderson will also make the final roster.
- Les Bowen has confirmed that Jamaal Jackson will be sticking around.
- Adam Caplan reported on Eagles Live that UDFA Cedric Thornton will make the 53 man roster.