The Birds made an unsurprising coaching move this week promoting Rory Segrest to special teams coordinator. He was previously Harbaugh's assistant. I suppose I shouldn't criticize Segrest before seeing his ST unit in action, but I was hoping for someone outside of the organization for that spot. I think our special teams have steadily degraded recently and a fresh mind could have done good things. Good luck to Segrest nonetheless...
Around the internets...
- Correll Buckhalter is having himself some baby momma drama. It's actually pretty outrageous. A woman claimed that Buck fathered her autistic child back in his days playing at Nebraska. A court ruled that Buckhalter had to pay $4,035 a month in child support and $68,595 in back support for the boy. The problem? A DNA test he had done proved he wasn't the kid's father!
- Scapple and Iggs talks about some potential suitors for Donte Stallworth.
- Eagles Eye talks up the combine and NFL draft.
- The Eagles Chronicles pays homage to their favorite Eagles cheerleader.
- G Cobb is dissapointed that the Eagles didn't hire Ron Rivera when he was let go by the Bears.
- The courier post repeats the Eagles tried and true line that they're more than happy about their WR corps without Stallworth.
- Rich Hoffman says that Heckert has always held more sway than he gets credit for.
- Speaking of Heckert, he says they have plenty of cap room to bring back Stallworth and Garcia if they want to.
- Remember LeCharles Bentley? The pro center that Mark Eckel reported the Eagles signed last year only to have him turn around and sign with the Browns? He blew his knee out on day one of training camp last year and word is now that his career may be in jeopardy. Sad story indeed.