The Miami Dolphins have announced that defensive end Dion Jordan has tested positive for PEDs and will be suspended for the first four games of the 2014 NFL season. So what does this have to do with the Eagles? Nothing directly, but there are a few ties ins...
1) The most obvious is that Eagles offensive tackle Lane Johnson is reportedly facing the same suspension. It hasn't been officially confirmed yet but it looks like Johnson will also be forced to sit out four games.
2) Johnson and Jordan are both entering their second seasons. As Eagles fans won't be soon to forget, Jordan and Johnson were picked right next to each other in the 2013 NFL Draft. The Dolphins traded up to get Jordan at No. 3 and the Eagles took Johnson at No. 4. Many thought the Eagles would take Jordan due his connection with Chip Kelly at Oregon and the team's need for a 3-4 outside linebacker. Due to the Dolphins' trade, the Eagles never had the chance to prove those guessers right or wrong.
3) Jordan has constantly been linked to the Eagles in trade rumors for some of the reasons I just mentioned above. The Eagles reportedly offered a second round pick plus Brandon Graham for Jordan this offseason but obviously those talks never turned into an actual deal. Instead, Jordan spent the 2014 offseason bulking up to play as a defensive end in Miami's 4-3 defense. Since then, cold water has been thrown on the talks of Jordan to the Eagles.
4) This one is for the conspiracy theorists out there... Jordan, a former Oregon player, was suspended for PEDs. So was Lane Johnson! Chip Kelly's sports science program is rigged with illegal PEDs! It all adds up! (In seriousness, I already explained why the Kelly accusations are a little silly. Plus Jordan hasn't played under Kelly since 2012.)
5) I guess everyone will just have to figure out a new favorite trade target player that will never actually be traded to the Eagles.