When the Philadelphia Eagles announced their entire 2014 Training Camp schedule a few weeks ago, they also announced they would be having three practices open to the public. The Eagles hold these open practices because their standard training camp practices located at the NovaCare Complex in Philadelphia are closed to the public.
Now the Eagles have announced some more information about these practices, including details on special events. More information below.
Dates and Time
All public practices begin at 12:15 PM EST. For practices at Lincoln Financial Field, parking opens at 9 AM, HeadHouse Plaza opens at 10 AM, and the Interior Gates open at 11 AM.
Monday, July 28th (Lincoln Financial Field)
Sunday, August 3rd (Lincoln Financial Field)
Sunday, August 10 (Franklin Field)
Unlike last year, tickets will NOT be required for the practices at Lincoln Financial Field. Tickets WILL be required, however, for the practice at the historical Franklin Field. Tickets for the Franklin Field practice open can start being reserved TODAY (Wednesday, July 16th) at 10:00 AM EST on PennAthletics.com/Eagles (limit of six tickets per entry). Tickets are FREE.
Special Event Days
- Monday, July 28 – Presented by Dietz & Watson, members of the military will be selected by the USO to enjoy a special military appreciation reception featuring complimentary food and drink, reserved seating in the SCA Club and special fan experiences.
- Sunday, August 10 – The Eagles will return to their former home, Franklin Field, for a day of practice. Franklin Field, located on the University of Pennsylvania campus, played host to the Eagles from 1958-70. Prior to the start of practice, Eagles alumni will be honored on the field.
- Player Autographs and Post-Practice Field Access – Every fan entering Lincoln Financial Field and Franklin Field will receive a scratch-off ticket. "Winning" tickets will reveal either an opportunity to receive player autographs or access the field to take pictures (field access only at Lincoln Financial Field). Fans who are awarded with these tickets will be directed to the designated areas at the conclusion of practice.
- Alumni Autographs – Former Eagles greats will be on hand to sign autographs in the HeadHouse Plaza before practice and also on the main concourse during practice
- Family Entertainment – There will be music, face-painting artists, appearances from the Eagles Drumline, SWOOP and Eagles Cheerleader entertainment in the HeadHouse Plaza
For more information on things like parking, concessions, bag policy, and rain plan, check out the Eagles website.
Bleeding Green Nation (as in, myself) will be reporting to training camp practice each and every day so make sure you stay tuned here for complete coverage.
Only a little over a week to go!