The Eagles primary need in this draft is a pass rushing OLB. They addressed most of their needs in the free agency : safety, CB, backup QB, special team players, and re-signing their own WRs.
The one position they did not address in free agency was the pass rush. They made the right choice by not overpaying for lackluster talent once the difference makers were retained by their own teams. That means they have to take one or two players in this draft to fix the pass rush.
I know that everyone thinks that with WR DeSean Jackson gone that Coach Kelly will have to get a WR in the 1st round. But note that Oregon put up a Top 5 offense in college without superstars at the WR or TE positions. Not to say that we don't need talent at the WR but Coach Kelly can coach up players taken in the later rounds.
My dream draft would go something like this:
Houston trades up to the Eagles spot at 1.22 to get their QB. They give up the 2.033 and 3.066 picks
- 2.033 OLB Jeremiah Attaochu
- 2.054 CB/S Stanley Jean-Baptiste (Another flexible player that can be a safety or CB. He is big at 6'3")
- 3.066 OT JaWuan James (Potential to be the RT down the road. Great insurance policy for this season in case anyone on the O-line gets hurt. Can't assume they stay healthy again for all 16 games)
- 3.086 WR Cody Latimer (A big WR that can win the man coverage battles)
- 4.118 ILB Christian Jones (Can be groomed to replace DeMeco Ryans down the road. Can spell him for now)
- 5.150 DE Brent Urban (This could be OT or DT as well. This pick depends on the development of DE Joe Kruger.)
- 7.214 CB/S Dontae Johnson (Another flexible player that can be a safety or CB)