So, the regular season schedule is out. Many BGN faithful see 3-3/ 4-2 at the bye. I agree. In fact, I can see a realistic 11-5.....but
I think we all just assume a continuation from last year's second half season improvement from our defense and impressive game management by Nick Foles as part of our justification for a strong start in 2014. However, we should temper our enthusiasm with a few realities. (Unknowns)
1. What will we get from Jeremy Maclin? Does he provide the same 1:1 coverage from opposing defenses for Riley Cooper that D-Jax did? who do we have that can stretch the field making opportunities underneath for Sproles?
2. Is the hole at Free Safety addressed properly (draft and/or emergence of Wolf?). What about upgrade at CB?
3. Have we addressed the DL so Drew Bree's can no longer convert 4th downs as a RB?
4. Do we have an effective edge rusher like a 25 year old Trent Cole?
5. If Foles gets injured, do you trust Sanchez with the offense ( can't run Shady all day...eventually he must throw the ball...scary huh?)
These are just a few of the observations I have at this point pre-draft. Who knows if the Birds are looking to add with roster cut downs or unknown trades to come. But, we aren't ready now for projecting 4-2 at the bye. Most certainly, the remainder of the off-season moves may determine if we can be 12-4, 9-7...or somewhere in between. But regardless: if we can't compete against the Seahawks, 49rs Saints of this league, the we are no better than last year. Thoughts?