Philadelphia sports radio host Mike Missanelli of 97.5 The Fanatic is no stranger to Philly sports fans. He's the radio host of 97.5's prime mid-day shift. Or at least he was, before he was suspended on Tuesday. 97.5, an ESPN Radio affiliate, suspended Missanelli for homophobic remarks sent to a listener via email correspondence. Deadspin has a complete list of the many emails sent. Here's an example of one from Missanelli:
Hahaha. Yeah, you're a total computer geek loser with absolutely NO female involvement. Anybody who wastes four hours of the day listening to my radio show and sending e-mail from fake names has a a big "L" tattooed on his forehead. Women probably avoid you like stink. (BTW, what are you gonna do today with me off? Jerkoff to one of my podcasts, you obsessive homosexual IT freak?)
97.5 released a statement on Tuesday regarding the incident.
"We are aware of the email communications between Mike and one of his listeners. This individual has been harassing Mike by email for several years, which is cause for concern, and we are working with Mike to try to identify this person and stop the abuse. However, that does not excuse Mike’s conduct. The content of his emails is unacceptable and does not reflect our values as a company. Mike has been suspended and understands that future similar conduct will not be tolerated."
- Eagles Fans Make Up the 5th Most Tortured NFL Fan Base
- Eagles Position Review: Cornerback
- BGN Offseason Round Table: Eagles wide receivers and tight ends
- Philadelphia Eagles Have 10th Most Salary Cap Space Heading Into 2014 NFL Offseason
- 2014 NFL Draft Profile: Louisville DE/OLB Marcus Smith
- The Linc - LeSean McCoy Is Ready for Some Super Bowl Rings