While I was browsing though r/Eagles today (which I recommend you check out), I stumbled across something of interest: a word cloud of the top words used by r/Eagles redditors. They have three different versions of these graphics: a top 100, 300, and 500. Hit the link to see all three. These results don't necessarily reflect the words used most often here at BGN, but I'd estimate the results are fairly close. So here are the top 100 words Eagles fans used the most during the 2013 season:
Here are the top 10 most used words, and how often they were used:
#1: eagles: 4554 times
#2: foles: 2187 times
#3: vick: 2183 times
#4: qb: 1563 times
#5: chip: 1435 times
#6: defense: 1362 times
#7: fuck: 1234 times
#8: cowboys: 1162 times
#9: offense: 1023 times
#10: kelly: 974 times
The margin between #2 and #3 isn't very large, but it appropriately reflects how the Eagles quarterback position looked on the depth chart to end the season. #4 indicates Eagles fans were talking about quarterbacks a lot... you would almost think there was some kind of quarterback controversy that took place. The order of #6 and #9 is peculiar. I figured more fans would be talking about the Eagles offense, but then again maybe they were complaining more often about the defense.
Best of all, #7 and #8 are ordered perfectly.
- 2014 NFL Draft Profile: Wisconsin LB Chris Borland
- BGN Exclusive: Eagles guard Evan Mathis talks about first Pro Bowl, Jason Peters and more
- Eagles Safety Search: Chris Clemons
- Brian Orakpo is the Eagles' Ideal Free Agent Target
- Who Do Eagles Fans Want in Free Agency?
- The Linc - Jeff Lurie Made The Right Call on Howie Roseman